Business Intelligence Analyst for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center @ Amazon is seeking a energetic and determined Business Intelligence Analyst to join our growing and dynamic team. The BI Analyst will build, develop, and maintain our team’s suite of BI tools and Dashboards with a strong focus on automation, scalability, and action-oriented intelligence. The ideal candidate needs to be able to think strategically about the business needs while still being able to enjoy the tactical requirements of the role. This individuals will act as a trusted advisor to Amazon Partners and [email protected] senior leadership providing feedback based on data driven insights, and will be the go to individual within the division for team members requesting ad-hoc reporting.
Location: South Lake Union, Queen Anne, Sodo, Bellevue & Redmond - this role is not remote
Salary: $72,446 per year
Schedule: Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm
*** Please submit resume and cover letter ***
- Translate business needs into analytics/reporting requirements to support executive decisions.
- Partner with a broad range of stakeholders (Finance, Information Technology, Program teams) to identify key performance indicators and determine the data requirements for reporting requests.
- Develop business intelligence tools, dashboards and reports using Tableau.
- Transform data into actionable insights that drive business value. Identify trends and patterns that can help other departments, managers, and executives to make timely and well-informed business decisions.
- Understand the decision-making process, workflows, and business and information needs of functional heads.
- Develop dashboards, reports, briefs, commentary, and data visualizations used to communicate financial and business metrics to a broad audience (Executive, senior leaders, single contributors).
- Design and implement new data analysis methodologies.
- Review and validate the accuracy of data and metrics as they are collected. Escalate and manage data quality concerns as appropriate.
- Partner with program teams to understand their analytics needs and look for opportunities to enhance our product offering.
- Define and use industry best practices in establishing repeatable BI practices, principles and processes.
- Support operational management, senior & executive leadership, and other partners with ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Train and empower the broader team in developing their own dashboards and reports.
- Train internal stakeholders with the use of various reporting and dashboard tools.
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in data analytics, computer science, or information technology. Background in finance is a plus but not mandatory.
- Proven leadership of business intelligence, analytic and data governance initiatives in multiple project environments.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the field of data analytics, information technology and Business Intelligence reporting.
- Experience with designing and developing dashboards from scratch for a broad range of audiences (business, finance, executive audiences).
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking, data modeling and statistics skills.
- At least 3 years of hands-on expertise using Tableau or other data visualization tools (such as Power BI and Adobe Analytics)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and SQL.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication, teamwork, and issue resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization, both technical and non-technical team members.
- Proven ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team.
- Project management experience and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to imagine the “big picture.”
- Flexible and able to work in fast-moving environment.
- The ability to build trust, influence, and manage relationships with diverse team members at all levels, the ability to leverage relationships to accelerate delivery, and the ability to use these skills to facilitate connection with stakeholders across the organization.
- Able to manage a high degree of complexity and to distill information, able to think both strategically at a global level as well as effectively developing key processes, and deliver and distribute information across multiple channels and mediums.
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equity, Inclusion and Diversity with an established understanding of how this commitment impacts the workplace.
- Manages confidentiality without exception.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies required.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on execution.
- Experience in strategic planning and strong business acumen.
- Capable of strong individual contribution and influence across non-direct reporting teams.
- Experience working in a creative team environment.
- Ability to maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time at a laptop or computer.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
WHO WE ARE
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.