Talent Acquisition, Specialist (Recruiter)
Northwest Center's Talent Acquisition team is growing! If you have full cycle recruiting experience and love a challenge, this is the role for you! Excellent work life/balance and opportunity for upward mobility. Join the inclusion revolution and recruit for Northwest Center!
Salary: $51,500 annually
Location: Based out of Seattle, Renton, Kent with regular travel in the South Sound and King County Area
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM (occasional varied hours and weekends hours can be required)
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
The Specialist recruiter must thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, with the ability to think on their feet, possess the ability for complex problem solving, work have the ability to work independently and as a team member while providing Specialist expertise and support recruiting efforts of the organization. The staffing in this area consists of administrative personnel, light industrial (to include production, janitorial, facilities, grounds keeping & landscape, loaders, and more) as well as staffing for Northwest Center Kids and Employment Services. The volume of recruiting in this area is high and requires an organized and constant pipeline of qualified candidates averaging over 175 - 250 hires per year and multiple hires per week. This position must draw on extensive knowledge of recruiting & staffing, sourcing and working with hiring managers/leaders to assist with complex staffing solutions for the functional areas of the businesses and divisions of Northwest Center as a whole. In this role the Specialist will forge dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and colleagues.
· 2+ years of progressive recruiting/staffing experience including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting.
· Adopted philosophy that candidate and customer experience is key to the success of talent and employment brand.
· Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing plans and tools, including proactive research.
· ATS experience with sourcing, tracking and managing candidates
· Sourcing experience to include – social media, community outreach, job fairs, etc
· MS Office - including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects and client relationships.
· Reliable Transportation to include ability to work out of various Northwest Center locations as needed.
· Project management experience, command of project scheduling, milestones and deliverable.
· Strong client focus and commitment to continuous improvement; ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships, must pursue conscious cost-containment efforts in recruiting, continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to delivering candidates to the customer.
· Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills.
· Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, and interview process management.
· Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
· Possess strong analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
· Create and maintain strategic recruiting plans with clearly defined objectives, desired outcomes, and a calendar of events.
· Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer expectations through a deep understanding of operations.
· Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management; conducts in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios.
· Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment that will contribute to the long-range growth, implementing any new processes and fine tuning standard processes for recruiting that fits within business operation needs to deliver the highest quality results to the customer.
· Articulate in writing a plan with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process.
· Interview candidates within the framework of the position specification. Possess strong ability to screen, interview and prepare a candidate slate within an appropriate and consistent timeline.
· Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers.
· Manage all recruitment-related vendors to ensure pricing, cycle time and manager expectations are being met; negotiate contract terms, vendors.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.