Human Resources Business Partner
Northwest Center @ Amazon is now hiring a Human Resources Business Partner to support employee relations, the ADA accommodation process, and the internal recruitment process. The Human Resources Business Partner has a good foundation of HR knowledge and a desire to build solid working relationships. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR excellence and process improvement.
We are seeking an outgoing individual interested in building and sustaining positive relationships throughout the NWC @ Amazon team. If you love employee relations and believe in championing a commitment to inclusion, equity, and anti-racism, this could be your perfect role! Take a chance and apply today.
Location: South Lake Union + Local Travel Required and occasional Travel to Arlington, VA area
Salary: 70k + DOE
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP), including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Contribution Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com
- Address and review employee complaints and recommend Northwest Center’s response to management. Maintains proper documentation with comprehensive fact-finding reports and interview notes
- Counsel managers and employees regarding transfers, promotions, discipline, performance, policy interpretation, and other HR-related matters
- Counsel and advise employees and management on Human Resources benefits and programs, developmental opportunities, potential problems, career development, and day-to-day inquiries on HR-related matters
- Facilitate onboarding orientations for newly hired employees across the organization
- Assist with staff injuries and provide support for L&I claims
- Ability to assist with interpreting and explaining human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations
- Facilitates the ADA Interactive Accommodation process from start to implementation of accommodation, and maintenance of said accommodation documentation for employees
- Recognizes the importance of creating and supporting an equitable and inclusive work environment for all employees
- Conducts regular open office hours for employee engagement and concerns
- Design and conduct training & development in areas such as employment practices and specific HR-related topics to further the knowledge, understanding, and acceptance of programs and issues
- Research and advise on interpretation and compliance of all local, state, and federal laws to prevent litigation (EEO &, etc.)
- Support unemployment claims and appeals
- Respond to federal, state, or local government offices (e.g., EEOC, Unemployment, Etc.) regarding charges or claims and attend hearings as needed
- Perform reporting or analysis on various employee relations-related actions, issues, or trends
- Traveling to our Virginia office to provide in-person support quarterly
- 3-years of experience in Human Resources
- 1-year Employee Relations experience
- Experience utilizing Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Thorough knowledge of EEOC, ADA, FRCA, and other government compliance regulations that affect job recruitment and hiring
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of workforce members
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening and diagnostic skills
- Ability to facilitate and lead difficult and uncomfortable conversations around a multitude of topics
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.