Senior Director Operations, Reception Services for Northwest Center Services @Amazon
At Northwest Center, we create opportunities for education, rehabilitation, and employment. Northwest Center seeks to develop and support an inclusive community where all people can fully participate by learning and working together. We envision a day when all people have the same opportunities to grow, contribute to our society, and enjoy a fulfilling life.
Position: Senior Director Operations, Reception Services NWC@Amazon
Salary: DOE + Excellent Benefits
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE: INCLUDE RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY EXPECTATIONS.
A day in the life... You will bring executive level strategic leadership, significant business, analytical acumen and innovation coupled with a high level of people development expertise to drive dynamic growth across the account. As a key member of NWC’s @Amazon Division, managing the majority of the largest P&L in the company, you will be co-creating and collaboratively executing on a compelling and effective organizational vision and strategy, to deliver value to our Amazon customer, NWC’s Mission, and across internal NWC teams. Serving as a pivotal leader in Seattle, Bellevue, and Arlington, VA- you will report in directly to the VP of Operations, and work collaboratively with the NWC@Amazon Executive Team, and supporting departments such as HR, IT, and Marketing.
The Key Responsibilities of This Role Are
- Strategic Leadership & Innovation: Drives our business forward through innovation and creation of new high-impact services with strategic vision. Serves as thought leader who pivots seamlessly from a strategic planning time horizon to empowering teams on a day to day basis. Maintains a high level of business acumen. Bias for action and embraces change as the opportunity for exponential growth. Thinks big!!
- Developer: Servant Leader who helps develop talent across the entire NWC Amazon Reception Services Team, and empowers people to bring their best self every day. Supports and embraces an inclusive and diverse workforce. Understands and embraces the NWC Mission of inclusion, and acts as an Ambassador at all times. Ensures that the 150+ employees across the NWC Amazon reception and special services teams understand and are connected to the culture and mission of NWC. Builds up people, teams, and services!!
- Delivers: Establishes credibility as a trusted vendor service solutions partner by listening and understanding our customer’s business focus and future growth. Develops trusted partnerships and advocates within Amazon and other Amazon vendor partners. Ensures a seamless customer experience with our services and builds processes and structure to scale rapidly and efficiently to serve Amazons growth. Monitor and evolve key performance indicators and dashboards to ensure optimal service levels. Champions ongoing process improvements and leads the implementation to ensure overall service excellence and business growth. Gets the job done!!
- Bachelor’s Degree required with direct job experience in Business Administration, Sales, Relationship and/or Account Management
- 7+ years in senior operational leadership position
- Extensive experience working effectively with a large global company as service provider or senior vendor management
- Experience in business case development by conceiving and launching new products, services
- Experience managing a large service organization. Administrative functional management a plus
- Experience reporting to and managing cross functional and multi-site teams
- Experience in lean management and process enhancement preferred
- Experience with budgeting and P&Ls
- Experience in Amazon eco-system preferred
Demonstrable Skills (this is not an all-inclusive list, but rather an example):
- Strategic thinker with a focus on large scale enterprise growth
- Very high emotional intelligence and strong social interaction ability
- Managing a national team and structure preferred
- Excellent communication and written skills
- A genuine love for customers and proven history of driving service growth in a complex environment
Work Conditions & Physical Demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to travel outside of the region up to 25% of the time
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at email@example.com and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.