School Age Assistant Teacher - Greenwood
Do you love working with children and believe that each and every one has the ability to grow and learn? If you've been looking for a unique and rewarding environment to gain skills in Early Childhood Education, we want to hear from you!
Northwest Center Kids provides early learning programs for children with and without disabilities in the same classroom, recognizing each child as a unique individual. We're a place where kids of all abilities can reach their full potential, together. We need you to help make it happen.
As a School Age Assistant Teacher, you will work as part of a dynamic team, supporting Lead Teachers in developing and implementing positive, nurturing, and stimulating activities suited for the developmental needs of the children. While there is an assigned schedule to ensure smooth transitions and staff breaks, you will be flexible, jumping in enthusiastically where needed. Maintaining confidentiality and nurturing supportive relationships with all NWC Kids' families is your primary mission.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 hour shift, between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm
Wage: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour plus excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement
- Nurtures positive relationships with children of all ages
- Maintains confidentiality and professional relationships with families
- Maintains developmentally appropriate classroom
- When Seattle Public Schools are in session, work schedule includes school-age classroom in afternoons. When school is not in session, full days with school-aged children
- Participates in events such as staff meetings, and conferences designed to ensure a quality early learning program
- Gives direction and training to substitutes and floaters
- One (1) year experience working with children, ages birth to twelve (emphasis on ages six-twelve)
- Able to lift in excess of 25 lbs
- Able to bend, sit at child’s level and play
- Must have CPR and first aid certification and blood borne pathogens training or obtain upon hire
- 30 hour STARS Certification required within 6 months of hire
- 10 hours annual STARS continuing education
Learn more about working at Northwest Center and apply today. We're excited to meet you!
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.