Amazon Spheres - Guest Services Representative for Northwest Center Services
The Amazon Spheres are where employees can think and work differently, surrounded by more than 40,000 plants from the cloud forest regions of over 30 countries. The Guest Services Representative is often the first contact with Amazon employees and external visitors via e-mail and in person. This role is responsible for greeting and checking in visitors, managing customer reservations, and providing a positive experience through each interaction. In addition to welcoming visitors, this position manages visitor and loaner badges, public Saturday reservations, provides information and resources, and assists with special projects and events.
Schedule: Full-Time - Must be available to work a flexible schedule and hours of operation, including weekends. Hours of operation are 8:45 am-6:15 pm Monday- Friday and on select Saturdays.
Wage: $20.50 per hour
Department Perk: $150 in footwear credits every six months
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, and Paid Compassion Leave
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP), including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Contribution Program
- Facilitate the opening and closing of the Spheres front desk, ensuring the lobby and desk are clean and organized.
- Greet all visitors in a friendly, warm, professional, and courteous manner. Provide a 5-star first impression for every visitor and e-mail response.
- Utilize organization-specific computer programs to check in guests and confirm validity prior to entering the Spheres. Issue loaner badges according to the specified operating procedure, as requested.
- Monitor and manage reservations for public access to the Spheres through Amazon’s reservation management system.
- Help resolve any escalations with guests and visitors professionally and politely.
- Manage the “Visit Spheres” e-mail inbox and ensure all e-mails are responded to as soon as possible with a maximum response time of one business day.
- As necessary, facilitate communication between event requestors, the events team, and key vendor staff.
- Immediately communicate escalations to supervisors and call security for assistance, if necessary.
- Arrive in Guest Services Representative uniform. Launder as necessary to ensure a professional appearance.
- Create trouble tickets for facility issues brought to your attention.
- May assist in covering entry hotspot locations in the Spheres if coverage is needed.
- Support special projects and varied tasks assigned by Northwest Center leadership.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while always remaining professional and friendly.
- High energy, detail-oriented, and reliable.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with the community.
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends during operating hours.
- Ability to speak in person and over the radio using a clear and audible speaking voice.
- Must understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s policies and procedures.
- Strong conflict resolution, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient with MS Windows, Excel, and Outlook e-mail.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- Ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Humidity and temperature conditions may vary in order to maximize the plant life in the space. The temperature of the Spheres is maintained between 70 and 75 degrees with an average humidity of level of 60%.
- The position requires standing for long periods of time up to the entire length of the shift.
- Walking up and down stairs is required when roving the space and assisting customers.
- Must adhere to dress code and be conscientious about personal hygiene.
- The space is inhabited by various plant life so any allergies may impede performance of duties.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
Needed Experience & Requirements:
Education – High School Diploma or GED required
Experience – 2 years of customer service, call center, reception, event staffing, or administrative support experience.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.