Material Handler and Driver
Join Northwest Center as a Mail Room Material Handler and Driver at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) campus!
Northwest Center provides on-site mail support for the teams on the NOAA campus. In this role, you will provide customer service while assisting with the delivery of parcels. Working collaboratively with a group, you will ensure that packages are delivered quickly and safely to recipients. This role is physically demanding and requires that you can lift and bend as well as operate forklifts and drive parcel vans.
✶Applicants with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply✶
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 4 PM
WAGE: Starts at $16.50+ per hour with variable pay per hour based on duties performed
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU:
We provide excellent benefits for our staff, which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan (including company match), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, Floating Holiday(s) based on tenure, Value Village Discount, Verizon Wireless Discount and much more!
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Prior warehouse and material handling experience preferred
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire
- Experience driving a panel van or large box truck
- Must be able to lift 60lbs frequently with or without accommodation
- Must be able to walk for extended periods with or without accommodation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude with all co-workers and customers
At Northwest Center, we don't just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it, and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.