Call Center Manager for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
Under the direction of the Sr. Director, the Call Center Manager will have direct oversight of call center operations in our various offices and for providing exceptional customer service. They will be responsible for leading by example, developing a collaborative environment for Call Center Agents to succeed and proactively evaluate calls to identify operational challenges and implement solutions with various vendor and client partners.
Hours of Operation: 7:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Job Title: Call Center Manager
Pay: $72,446 + Excellent Benefits
Location: South Lake Union
Key responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Provide management, day to day direction, and leadership to the entire call center team.
- Drive a complex program across multiple stakeholders
- Identify potential challenges and opportunities within the programs. Understand the root cause of issues and associated impacts to the program and the served customer. Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement timely solutions.
- Define and closely monitor day-to-day service levels and overall KPIs, including qualitative measures
- Design reports and dashboards to track activity
- Perform trend analysis, continuously evaluate areas of opportunity and create process improvement roadmaps as needed
- Maintain and cultivate client relationships
- Ensure up to date training documents, and resources are available for all agents
- Plan, facilitate and manage all new hire training classes for Call Center Agents granting associated permissions to new hires
- Develop ongoing reoccurring training for agents and supervisor
- Responsible for employee development through the development of individualized goals and the creation of training plans to ensure that employees achieve established goals
- Responsible for training new call center agents in all support and customer expectations, and procedures
- Responsible for staff performance ensuring that all procedures, processes and policies are understood and followed. Following up with corrective employee conversations as necessary related to employee performance, including additional leadership as necessary.
- Own the interviewing, hiring, and termination process and discussions partnering with Human Resources as necessary
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution
- Provide elevated customer support for callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all customers
- Partner with supervisor to handle escalated situations with callers
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon and other Vendors ensuring continuity, and ongoing improvement/development of relationships with Amazon Customer Service and various Amazon Teams providing an enhanced Amazon brand experience
Needed experience & requirements
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years people management experience with proven experience in a call center environment
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
- Experience in Call Center Management systems
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
Working Conditions & Physical demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- Ability to travel <10%
- Variable working hours between 07:30AM and 6:00PM
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to move consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.