Amazon - Supervisor, Events and Banana Stand for Northwest Center Service
The Northwest Center @ Amazon team operates in a fast-paced and demanding corporate environment where we provide 5-start customer service across serval program divisions. Under the direction of the Manager, Events and Banana Stand Services, the Supervisor, Events and Banana Stand Services is responsible for the successful operation of Events team and the Community Banana Stands providing oversight and direction to staff in these roles. Working closely with the reception and Events teams, in supporting from pre-registration thru to event cleanup. This position also provides support of the Amazon Community Banana Stands and assists in overseeing daily operations of the stands and any special events requiring their support. Responsibilities include coaching and developing staff, overseeing a variety of projects, and working to improve processes to increase the team’s overall efficiency. Other responsibilities include working closely with reception leadership on special projects and activations providing support as leadership or supplementing staffing with direct reports.
Location: Seattle, Bellevue and Redmon
Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule during hours of operation both weekdays and occasional weekends.
Salary: $57,574.40 per year
Key responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Provide management, day to day direction, and leadership to the entire Events and Banana Stand staff.
- Ensure that all staff are dedicated to the quality experience of each individual event and/or ensure each client and/or guest has a positive experience working with the Events and Banana stand staff.
- Ensure program service level agreements and operation standards are met or exceeded, inclusive of staffing levels, data collection, email response times, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Plan and develop employee work schedules, coordinating break coverage ensuring the best use of resources.
- Assist Manager in overseeing daily operations of the Community Banana Stands and any special events requiring their relocation including ordering, and maintaining stock.
- Management of coat check, and commitment to protecting guests’ assets when in Northwest Center’s care.
- Become the subject matter expert of building operations in relation to events and banana stand coordination including, but not limited to, facility procedures, vendor points of contact, event check-in programs and software, and any escalation processes.
- Responsible for employee development through the development of individualized goals and the creation of training plans to ensure that employees achieve the established goals.
- Responsible for training new staff in all administrative support and customer support expectations, and procedures throughout events and engagement through the banana stand, and additional supportive tasks.
- Responsible for staff performance ensuring that all procedures, processes and policies are understood and followed. Following up with corrective employee conversations as necessary related to employee performance, including additional leadership as necessary.
- Assist Management in interviewing, hiring, corrective action and termination discussions.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent.
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments.
- Provide elevated customer support for employees, external guests, and all vendor partners within the client space.
- Handle escalated situations with employees and vendor partners.
- Provide onsite support and answer questions for the event and banana stand process to ensure a high level of customer experience.
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership.
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, client and other Vendors ensure continuity across campus locations.
- Responsible for all events taking place on campus, and offsite events, as requested to ensure processes are followed and support from reception is coordinated and communicated properly.
Needed experience & requirements
Associates degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2+ years increasing responsibility in position, and oversight of projects or other team members with proven experience in a customer facing environment
- Minimum of 1+ years in reception, events, or public facing environment
- Moderate computer skills in MS Office, Advanced skills preferred
- Experience in Event Management (crowd or security) and Data collection systems
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to plan for potential future impacts to the program.
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
Working Conditions & Physical demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit outdoors in all weather conditions above 35 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 to 4 hours at a time and up to 8 hours for the day.
- Must be able to handle bananas and/or various food products without allergic reaction.
- Could be conditions below 40 degrees for up 3 hours.
- Must be able to lift bananas and stack boxes up to 50 lbs repeatedly.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.