Amazon - Events and Banana Stand Program Manager for Northwest Center Services
The Northwest Center @ Amazon team operates in a fast-paced and demanding corporate environment where we provide professional 5-star customer service across several program divisions. Manager, Events and Banana Stand Services is responsible for the successful operation of Events team and the Community Banana Stands providing oversight and direction to Supervisors and overall staff in these roles. This position requires a strong blend of program management and execution within high-profile, customer-service environment. The Manager will ensure high quality service levels for each program and will foster positive working relationships with key internal stakeholders and vendor partners to promote collaboration and alignment of goals and objectives.
Schedule - Mon - Fri 730am - 6pm (hours vary)
Location - Seattle, Bellevue and Redmond
Salary - $87,776 per year
Key responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Provide management, day to day direction, and leadership to the entire Events and Banana Stand team.
- Drive a complex program across multiple stakeholders.
- Identify potential challenges and opportunities within the programs. Understand the root cause of issues and associated impacts to the program and the customer served.
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement timely solutions.
- Lead and implement change initiatives related to business process and technologies.
- Facilitate change management activities with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to understand and ensure adoption of new roll outs.
- Define and closely monitor day-to-day service levels and overall KPIs, including qualitative measures.
- Design reports, support dashboards, and analyze data to track activity.
- Perform trend analysis, continuously evaluate areas of opportunity and create process improvement roadmaps as needed.
- Maintain and cultivate client relationships
- Ensure up to date training documents, and resources are available for all staff.
- In partnership with the Training Manager, plan, facilitate and manage all new hire training classes for staff of the Events and Banana Stand program granting associated permissions to new hires.
- Develop ongoing reoccurring training for staff and supervisor.
- Responsible for employee development through the development of individualized goals and the creation of training plans to ensure that employees achieve established goals
- Responsible for staff performance ensuring that all procedures, processes and policies are understood and followed. Following up with corrective employee conversations as necessary related to employee performance, including additional leadership as necessary.
- Own the interviewing, hiring, and termination process and discussions partnering with Human Resources as necessary
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon, and other vendors ensuring continuity, and ongoing improvement/development of relationships with various Amazon Teams providing an enhanced Amazon brand experience.
- Provide elevated customer support for Amazon employees and vendor partners.
- Partner with supervisor to handle escalated situations or respond to visitor and/or employee inquires, whether it be compliments, comments, and/or complaints about Events or the Banana Stands.
- Document and regularly communicate agreed-to goals and objectives of the Banana Stand and within Events to ensure all activities align with those goals and objectives.
- Develop excellent knowledge of the various spaces to enhance the guest experience.
Needed experience & requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in project/program management and operations of high performing programs
- A minimum of 4 years of people management experience
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office
- Background leading strategic planning and execution across a corporate organization
- Experience in a high profile or public engagement facility.
- Demonstrated competencies in communication, strategic planning, problem solving, financial management and team leadership.
- Effective project management skills, including planning & organization.
- Ability to manage changing priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent analytical, planning, and process development skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to multiple conflicting priorities, continuously prioritize deliverables and to respond in a dynamic work environment.
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
Working Conditions & Physical demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit outdoors in all weather conditions above 35 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 to 4 hours at a time and up to 8 hours for the day.
- Must be able to handle bananas and/or various food products without allergic reaction.
- Could be conditions below 40 degrees for up 3 hours.
- Must be able to lift bananas and stack boxes up to 50 lbs repeatedly.
About Northwest Center
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.