Northwest Center is looking for an Employment Consultant to join our team!
As an Employment Consultant, you can make a difference. You will not only be providing vital services to people with disabilities, but you will also be an ambassador for social change in your community! We partner with businesses for long-term employment solutions; you'll create and maintain those relationships while advocating for our mission.
Schedule: 32 + hours per week
Wage: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour + Mileage Reimbursement for miles driven for work.
Location: Okanogan County (Omak)
Benefits: We provide excellent benefits for our staff, which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan (including company match), Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, Floating Holiday(s) based on tenure, Value Village Discount, and much more!
• Valid Driver's license
• Acceptable 5-year driving abstract
• Inspired, innovative, individuals interested in interacting with their community!
• Background knowledge of business/marketing principles. Relevant coursework is excellent too!
• Case Management and Technical Writing Skills is a necessity!
• The ability to utilize most assistive technology, software, and internet platforms is a plus!
• Previous experience in sales and business development or previous work as an Employment Consultant!
• The ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays as needed! We work when our clients work.
• Ability to work with students transitioning from School to Work.
• Ability to work with a wide range of Adults to assist them in becoming independent in their community.
Though every day can be different, what you can expect in this role is:
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with employers in the community by being there to answer questions or concerns they might have.
• Assessing the client’s skills, abilities, and gifts along with certain challenges each individual may have to help find the best options for competitive employment.
• Developing written employment plans with the client/guardian/family/network etc., laying a foundation and overarching strategy to assist in our client’s future success surrounding their employment goals.
• Advocating on behalf of the client with local businesses to develop assessment sites, internships, voluntary opportunities, and employment opportunities.
• Advocating on the behalf of clients to gain independence in their community.
• Locating sites for Students to enter into the world of work.
• And so much more!
At Northwest Center, we don't just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it. We flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.