Amazon - Tour Program Manager for Northwest Center Services
Level up your career with Northwest Center and join us as our new Program Manager!
About You - You are energized by sharing your knowledge to groups large and small and creating an experience for your audience. You’re also a strong project manager who excels in collaboration, communication and execution. As a strategic thinker, you’ll develop key processes for the program. You will influence, learn from and partner with individuals within the team and across the company. Growth-mindset is key.
Must have the ability to work between the hours of 7:30am am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday and occasional weekends. Schedules may vary due to operating hours and customer demands.
Schedule: Full- Time - M-F between 7:30AM - 6:00PM, with ability to work some evenings and weekends as assigned.
Wage: $83,000 per year
Location: Arlington, VA to include the DMV Area
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Gym & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
*** Please make sure you attach a resume to your application. Cover letters preferred. ***
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- You will create a 5-star customer experience for all tour guests that will be executed by you and your subordinates through creative presentations and active engagement.
- Developing of the tour program script and customer scheduling.
- Lead presentations and public talks to the public with or without the use of supplemental material (i.e. notecards, pictures).
- Identify potential challenges and opportunities within the programs. Understand the root cause of issues and associated impacts to the program and the customer.
- Own general maintenance and presence of online wiki, providing clear and concise communication and updates to customers.
- Own the operational standard operating procedures and playbooks.
- Become the subject matter expert of all tour content related items including, but not limited to: amenities, building updates, any relevant construction updates.
- Conducts guided tours VIP guests and approved groups as needed.
- As an experienced story teller, you will provide a 5-star first impression to every visitor.
- Oversee registration and implementation of tour process.
- Resolve customer escalations and concerns in a timely manner, actively engaging with management, program owners, vendor partners and key stakeholders.
- Understand the operating model, objectives and how they translate into the need for efficient, standardized, scalable business processes, organizational structures, and operations.
- Analyze processes, applying different techniques and methods, including documentation of the existing flows. Codify the customer experience and recommend process improvements to address priorities and objectives.
Trusted Advisor to Leadership:
- Reporting to the Regional Sr. Program Manager, you are a trusted advisor to leadership, creating and maintaining project documentation. Collect background information, intelligence, supporting data, package them and present to leader to maximize their impact at internal/external engagements.
- Provide data-driven insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and standardized business metrics.
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates required.
- Minimum 2+ years program management experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years in community engagement position.
- Moderate computer skills in Microsoft Office, Advanced skills preferred.
- Experience with leading tours and/or public speaking, highly preferred.
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equity, Inclusion and Diversity with an established understanding of how this commitment impacts the workplace.
- Ability to practice and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”.
- Capable of learning new material rapidly and willing to invest time and expend the effort necessary to study material.
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMAND
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- Ability to walk consistently within a 2-mile radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Variable working hours between 07:30AM and 6:00PM with occasional nights and weekends
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at [email protected] and include the title of the role in the subject line.
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.