Northwest Center is now hiring a North Regional Account Coordinator to join our Employment Services team!
As the Regional Account Coordinator, you will support our team by training staff, ensuring contract compliance, and working closely with leadership to establish systems to ensure that all of our clients in the region receive high-quality care.
If you have an eye for detail and love nothing more than jump in to improve a process when given a chance, then this may be the role for you. Take a chance and apply today and do your part in closing the employment gap for people with disabilities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to enter the social services field!
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8 AM – 4:30 PM
Salary: $21.00+ Depending on your experience
- Opportunity to join a growing organization focused on making an impact!
- A supportive, compassionate, and dedicated team
- Competitive and affordable Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off with paid holidays and additional floating holidays.
- 401k Retirement with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
Relationship Building and Management: Act as a trusted point of contact on client issues, conduct training on policies and procedures, and work closely with leadership to establish and implement new systems.
Operational Account Activities: Provide orientation and paperwork training for new employees, facilitate client meetings, oversee the compliance for required paperwork and recordkeeping.
Contract and Compliance: Acting as an expert in contract details and compliance requirements, conduct compliance audits, oversee client database file maintenance, review paperwork, assist with prep and response for audits.
Billing and Payment: Maintain accurate records, review funding source paperwork for quality and accuracy, and audit records for compliance.
Internal Knowledge and Alignment: Actively gather and listen to staff feedback to improve processes and systems, and participate in workgroups to develop systems, materials, and training documents to build staff skills and enhance the quality of service.
- A high school diploma or equivalent education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate clearly and respectfully with people of all ethnicities, disabilities, and communication barriers
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Prior experience working with people with disabilities or in social services preferred
- Some college coursework in a related field preferred
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected]
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran status.