Facilities Specialist - On Call
Northwest Center Kids is looking for an On Call Facilities Specialist to join our team at our Greenwood Early Learning Center! As a Facilities Specialist, you will be responsible for performing general upkeep, repair, and maintenance of buildings and equipment, preventative maintenance programs, and handyman services as needed.
Schedule: On Call
Wage: $18.00 per hour
- Light construction work, including rough and finish carpentry, drywall installation and finishing, interior and exterior painting, wallboard repair, ceiling and floor tile installation, and similar duties.
- Light electrical work, primarily changing light bulbs and ballasts, but including other maintenance work as assigned by and under the direction of the Director
- Light plumbing work, including installing/replacing sink, faucet and toilet components, unclogging drains and pipes, and similar duties assigned by and under direction of the Director
- Light HVAC work, primarily changing filters and system maintenance, but including other HVAC work assigned by and under the direction of the Director
- Moving furniture and equipment that may include dismantling and reassembly.
- Respond to and solve building maintenance related problems identified by staff
- Provide preventative maintenance service to equipment, and maintain logs relative to same
- Assist in maintaining tools and equipment in clean and serviceable condition, and maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the building, and building maintenance storage areas.
- Computer skills
- 2+ years in facility maintenance, building trades, or equivalent.
- Must have a working knowledge of building and mechanical systems. Boiler experience a plus
- Must have knowledge of and experience using a variety of power and hand tools.
- Must have basic understanding of carpentry, cabinetry, painting, and drywall principles.
- Able to work in fast paced and team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Able to execute preventative maintenance and job scheduling programs.
Check out the benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at [email protected] and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.