Director, Financial Planning
Northwest Center is in search of an accomplished Director of Financial Planning!
Location: Seattle, WA
Schedule: Full - Time
Salary: DOE + Excellent Benefits + Work/Life Balance
♦♦♦ TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS WITH RESUME ♦♦♦
In this role you will be responsible for analyzing financial and business operations data across the organization, tracking divisional metrics and reviewing new business opportunities. You will develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, cost benefit analysis and operating and strategic plans. In this role you will have close ties with information technology and accounting as well as each of the operational leaders of approximately eight divisions. To be successful in this role you must be accustomed to working independently as well as part of a team and self-starter must be an attribute you possess.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible work experience in financial analyses.
- 5+ years management experience.
- Ability to rapidly create hypothesis for problem solutions, independently plan and conduct non-routine financial analysis/reporting projects and consult effectively on complex projects. Requires regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Translate analytical results into value-added recommendations and insights consistent with organization objectives.
- Independently design, propose metric’s tracking tools and programs.
- Aptitude to efficiently learn and employ new tools to access and manipulate data.
- Highly proficient PC skills with Microsoft products such as Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with limited oversight.
- Prior experience in interacting with line and staff personnel as well as executives and Board members.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High personal initiative and strong work ethic.
The Role (but not limited to):
- Lead development and tracking of operating and financial metrics across the organization and building data for management decision-making.
- Develop deep understanding of various divisional business models and conduct specialized and scalable accounting-supported research and complex financial analysis projects involving modeling/forecasting.
- Lead the organization through the annual consolidated budgeting process. Manage support staff.
- Build analytical resources within the organization and through staff expansion in response to divisional growth.
- Analysis and reporting include areas such as strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, acquisitions, investment and capital management, liquidity and cash management, as well as variance analysis.
- Interpret and present definitive data to executive and operational management for their use in setting and realizing financial goals and objectives. Design, prepare and execute routine financial reporting, proformas and ad hoc or “what if” analyses.
- Responsible for full project design, development, implementation, maintenance, and completion.
- Formulate new internal scalable analytical reports and processes to improve financial and operational data available to executive management.
- Contribute to cross functional teams including business operations and administration to properly capture costing, overhead, and cost of capital as well as pricing analysis and business case analysis for sales initiatives and capital investment.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, economics, or related discipline.
- MBA, CFA, CPA, or CMA is preferred.
About Northwest Center:
When people of all abilities learn and work together, everyone benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center (NWC) is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization.
Northwest Center’s Mission is to promote the growth, development and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.