Program Services Supervisor for Northwest Center Service @ Amazon
Northwest Center is searching for a Program Services Supervisor to join the team! In this role, you will assume responsibility for events taking place on Amazon’s South Lake Union campus and offsite events. In support of the Amazon Community Banana Stands, you will also assist in overseeing daily operations of the stands and any special events requiring their relocation. Responsibilities include coaching and developing staff, overseeing a variety of projects, and working to improve processes to increase the team’s overall efficiency.
**To be considered for this role, please include a resume and cover letter with your application.**
- High School Diploma or GED. Some college preferred.
- Minimum one-year supervisory experience and one-year of event planning preferred.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as required by upcoming events and organizational deadlines.
- Commitment to the Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Highly developed critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative leadership style.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally with all levels of management, both internal and external.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s Policies and Procedures is critical.
- Organize event support services for all events taking place on Amazon’s South Lake Union campus and offsite events as requested.
- Assist in overseeing daily operations of the Community Banana Stands and any special events requiring their relocation.
- Ensure staff is on time to open and close appropriate locations. Communicate employee call-outs to other supervisors and manager, and find coverage as necessary.
- Manage employee schedules to ensure sufficient staffing levels at banana stands and for event coverage.
- Manage coat check program and commit to protecting guests’ assets when in Northwest Center’s care.
- Respond promptly to emails regarding supervisor assistance, event support, and Community Banana Stands.
- Attend and actively participate in ongoing professional development and scheduled trainings to maintain current information on the team procedures, Amazon and campus information, best customer service practices, and more.
- Train new Event Support Assistants and Banistas in all administrative and customer support expectations.
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership.
- Maintain and distribute uniform inventory as necessary.
- Attend event walkthroughs and communicate with event organizers and vendor partners on event support needs.
- Assist management in interviewing, hiring, and termination discussions.
- Provide event support cost quotes to event organizers as necessary.
- Address all performance concerns with staff in a timely manner informing fellow supervisors, manager and/or director as needed.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to lift bananas and stack boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Daily duties include a combination of desk time and visiting several Amazon buildings, so the ability to regularly walk or travel independently within a 1.5-mile radius is required.
- Sight with or without corrective lenses is required.
- Ability to distinguish and identify colors is required.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1,000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.