Northwest Center is looking for an Inclusion Specialist to join our early learning team. Join a talented team of teachers, administrators and support staff to support the inclusion of all children in the classroom!
As an Inclusion Specialist, you will provide coaching and mentorship to teachers in supporting the individual needs of children within an inclusive classroom setting.
Location: Greenwood and Downtown Seattle (Chinook building)
Schedule: Full Time, Monday through Friday
Wage: DOE + Great Benefits!
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, or related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Must have or obtain current CPR and First Aid certification
- At least 1 year of experience working with children of all abilities
- At least 2 years’ experience supporting children aged 0-6 in a classroom or community-based setting
- Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply
- Assists teachers in supporting children with special needs in an inclusive classroom setting, ensuring that all activities respect the individual needs, interests, and developmental level of each child.
- Provides mentorship, training, and consultation to teachers and directors in creating environments where children are fully included in the classroom environment and activities. Job duties include on-site observations of children and teacher best practices; assessment of early learning environments; creating action plans and goals to meet individual provider inclusion goals; develop and deliver professional development trainings; consult with multidisciplinary team members; support the use of developmental screeners; and make appropriate recommendations and referrals to community resources
- Develops supportive relationships with co-workers, program directors, and families/caregivers.
- Practices collaborative communication and teamwork with interdisciplinary team members within Northwest Center and the community.
- Collaborates with the administrative team and teaching staff to develop and adapt lesson plans and individualized supports for children to a variety of environments.
- Assist teachers in implementing plans and strategies in the classroom, provides student support as needed, and assists with practices of ongoing progress monitoring.
- Divides and manages time efficiently between Early Learning programs, located in Greenwood and downtown Seattle.
- Adapts and modifies instructional strategies, materials, and classroom environment as needed.
- Collaborates with the early intervention team to provide support for birth- 3 classrooms.
- Models positive and supportive relationships with families and staff
- Demonstrates appreciation and sensitivity for diverse family backgrounds, including race, ethnicity, culture, age, gender, and lifestyle choices.
- Ensures collaboration with interdisciplinary team members within Northwest Center and the community.
- Participates in events such as staffings, staff meetings, and conferences.
- Develops and maintains resource materials for classrooms.
- Uses coaching strategies to support teachers and co-workers.
- Keep records of individualized plans and goals, including IEP’s, behavior plans, etc.
- Work as a collaborative member of the administrative team to provide administrative and classroom support as needed.
We've got you covered!
We offer full time employees great benefits that included medical, elective dental and vision, 401K with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, paid floating holidays, Value Village discount, and much more!
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.