Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Talent & Divisional Strategy)
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will serve in a critical capacity for a growing division of NWC focused on collaborating with business leaders, Human Resources staff and Senior Talent Acquisition Specialists to develop and execute recruitment strategies that drive our business forward. This role will be a critical strategic partner for divisional senior leadership serving as both an advisor and partner in the journey to elevating our team and talent for the future.
This role will be responsible for HR guidance in the areas of staff development, performance management, compensation, team structure, talent management strategy ensuring continuous alignment with long-term operational objectives
Location: South Lake Union, Sodo, Queen Anne, Bellevue and Redmond
Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule during hours of operation for weekdays. Hours of operation are 7:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday
Salary: DOE + Excellent Benefits
Check out the benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
***Please submit a resume with your application. Cover letters strongly preferred.***
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Staffing Advisor and Strategist
- Effectively engage, partner, and consult with senior talent acquisition team to meet the recruiting needs for the business; may include interviewing and assessing senior level candidates and supporting the continued development and talent assessment within the division – ensuring a commitment to finding, growing and retaining talent.
- Collaborate effectively to leverage data and analytics to assist in influencing recruiting strategy and approach with hiring leaders and teams.
- Promote and contribute to processes that successfully manage high-touch relationships with internal and external candidates across multiple disciplines, locations and business functions.
- Identifies talent strengths and needs through ongoing assessment of business needs.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition teams across NWC to translate business priorities into recruiting outcomes.
- Design approaches to help business leaders make hiring decisions that build scalable process and recruiting efforts.
- Assists in building strategic talent metrics that align with operational strategy, data (e.g., attrition rates, hiring trends) and budgets.
- Collaborates with Benefits and Compensation teams to understand the market competitiveness of the divisional business operations.
- Makes recommendations to improve engagement and retention (e.g., policy changes, new training, fiscal adjustments).
- Provide leadership to the business by understanding the business model, consulting, engaging in creative problem solving and applying effective talent solutions to proactively address operational challenges.
- Leverage business acumen, competitive insights, external benchmarking, data, and best-in-class organizational design thinking to inform decisions on org structure, processes, policies and internal communication strategies.
- Serve as an internal communications advisor ensuring all our staff have the accurate information they need in a timely manner. Mentor operational leaders on the best approach and cadence of effective staff communication.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Partners and consults with peer HR disciplines on leveraging talent processes/programs, interpreting results, and building recommendations based on data analyses.
- Partner with a team of HR professionals including the central teams (Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, HR Technology, Total Rewards, DEI, Talent Development and Learning) to deliver an exceptional employee experience for the [email protected] division.
- Actively seek sustainable opportunities to connect staff with the NWC Mission, Vision and community. Serves as a mission ambassador for NWC.
- Uses knowledge of the business to frame data in a meaningful way when making recommendations. Translates data into action and leads the implementation of data-supported plans.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility
- Serve as a change agent and promote the expansion of our business perspective and impact through our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility strategies and objectives.
- Partners with NWC Equity Committee in developing the Diversity and Inclusion plan for the [email protected] division. Contributes to expanding the workforce diversity of the division and building inclusive leadership practices. Partners with Senior Talent Acquisition Specialists to promote an inclusive recruiting culture.
- Serve on the divisional DEIA Steering Committee and advocates for systemic changes that will embed an equity lens within divisional practices, policies and operational actions to enhance and improve our culture.
Leadership Support and Talent Development
- Utilize coaching skills with senior leaders to diagnose and provide solutions that enable leaders to transform themselves and their teams to be highly productive, deliver on challenging business goals while leading with empathy.
- Partner with L&D Director to build leadership capabilities and facilitate employee career development to grow the skills and capabilities of individuals and teams.
- Partner with L&D team to ensure the leadership review process focuses on succession planning, talent development and organizational health priorities.
- Identifies gaps in current talent pipeline, people programs, and tools to develop critical skills and maintain productivity.
- Focusing efforts on leadership training, skill building, and mentorship to ensure structured and natural supports for new, existing, and emerging leadership.
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- 7+ years’ work experience with Human Resources processes or related industry such as staff industry (e.g., hiring, training, performance management)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications or related field and 5+ years’ work experience within Human Resources or related field
- Experience serving in an HR consulting capacity with senior leadership
- Ability to pivot from working autonomously to collaborating with a larger HR team.
- Ability to focus on what matters and translate business strategy and goals into optimal HR processes that are scalable, simple, customer-focused and adaptable to unique and changing business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to act with empathy, influence and coach team members at all levels in the organization, change thinking, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damaging relationships
- Desire to challenge convention and able to thrive in a fast paced and ambiguous environment
- Accountable and willing to both be hands on with all levels of the organization as well as serve as a strategic partner to senior leadership.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
WHO WE ARE
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.