Move Ambassador Senior Trainer for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center’s customer is a fast-paced corporate environment and we are here to provide professional, 5-star customer service. Under the direction of the Training Program Manager the Move Ambassador Senior Trainer will lead and facilitate orientation classrooms trainings for the [email protected] team, ensuring all new hires are set up for success. The Senior Trainer is responsible for designing and conducting training programs that will boost employee workplace performance in alignment with the visions and goals of the Move Ambassador team. The Senior Trainer will work in partnership with Move Ambassador Program Manager and Move Ambassador Assistant Program Manager to ensure all training materials and documents are consistently up to date. Frequent new job duties may be identified and added as necessary to meet operational needs.
Location: Seattle (South Lake Union) & Greater Puget Sound
Pay: $24.84 per hour
Hours: M-F between 7:30AM - 6:00PM, with ability to work some evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Gym & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com
**Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application**
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Train and acclimate new hires through orientation sessions designed and approved by relevant stakeholders.
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees’ work behavior.
- Ensure staff have acquired skills in greeting technique, etiquette, positive communication and customer interaction.
- Attend and participate in regular training meetings with NWC Leadership, Vendor Partners and customer/employees.
- Develop and update training materials as necessary to incorporate new policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Conduct ongoing training for staff to stay on top of all current policies, procedures, rules and guidelines.
- Utilize a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training programs.
- Provide ongoing support and mentorship to existing staff.
- Provide feedback to leadership regarding the performance and success of trained staff.
- Maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct regular quality assurance audits of staff.
- Collaboration with other training departments within NWC.
- Plan and Facilitate New hire orientation and training for all new hire employees to the [email protected] team including, but not limited to:
- Key responsibilities of the Move Ambassador, Senior Move Ambassador, Move Support Assistant, Workplace Operations Coordinator and various other positions as needed.
- Comprehensive understanding of the move process; displaying knowledge of the Move Ambassador teams’ responsibilities within move projects, how to perform those responsibilities, why they need to be completed and the systems that are utilized.
- Work cohesively with other supporting vendors on moves including but not limited to our project management, security, facilities, and the various move companies.
- Policies, procedures, rules and guidelines of Move Ambassador position within Northwest Center operational buildings.
- Northwest center and our customer’s safety and security procedures.
- Setting up email rules and signatures, and general email etiquette.
- Interacting with guests, the media and VIP groups.
- Supporting and participating in new move program processes to adjust to new program practices and team specific requirements.
- Submitting trouble tickets.
- Handling escalations and discreet communications of such matters.
- Positive customer service tools and techniques.
- Supporting other department needs as necessary
Needed Experience & Requirements
- Associate required or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years direct training experience.
- Proficiency with MS Windows, Excel, Adobe and Outlook e-mail
- Working in a creative team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally and electronically with all levels of management, employees, vendor partners, event organizers and visitors.
- Strong attention to detail and a focus on execution.
- Able to manage a high degree of complexity and to distill
- Ability to follow and deliver training curriculum
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow Northwest Center (NWC) and Amazon policies and procedures.
- Effective time and class management.
- Flexible and able to work in fast-moving environment
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to develop, deliver, and evaluate training curricula in a corporate training environment.
- Familiarity with a variety of training concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Exceptional facilitation, presentation, and listening skills.
- Ability to manage changing priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to multiple conflicting priorities, continuously prioritize deliverables and to respond in a dynamic work environment.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to move consistently within a 1.5-mile radius is required.
- Comfortability working in an open, unassigned workspace is required.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods (up to 8 hours per workday).
- Ability to travel independently to various worksites in the Puget Sound region.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at [email protected] and include the title of the role in the subject line.
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center (NWC) is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.