Move Ambassador Supervisor for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Are you a detail-oriented, logistical expert looking for a new challenge?
Do you love improving processes and coaching staff?
Are you looking for a way to combine your customer service and problem-solving skills into a new, exciting role?
If you answered YES, this may be the job for you!
Northwest Center Services @ Amazon is currently looking for a Supervisor to join our dedicated Move Ambassador team in South Lake Union & Greater Seattle! In this role you will oversee our team of Move Ambassadors and program operations to ensure efficient and seamless workspace moves across the Amazon corporate campus. You will have the opportunity to help coach and develop our team to ensure a customer-centric experience, while working to improve processes to ensure a high quality of service.Location: South Lake Union, Sodo, Queen Anne, Bellevue & Redmond
Schedule: Full Time : Monday - Friday with weekend work as needed (with flexibility to work varied schedule on occasion)
Salary: $55,000 per year + Great Benefits!
** To be considered for this role, please include a resume and cover letter ***
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide management, day to day direction, and leadership to the entire Move Ambassador Team.
- Ensure that all staff are dedicated to the quality experience of each individual relocation and ensure each Amazonian has a positive experience working with the NWC Move Ambassador team.
- Ensure program service level agreements and operation standards are met or exceeded, inclusive of staffing levels, email response times, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Plan and develop employee work schedules, coordinating break coverage ensuring the best use of resources.
- Coordinates administrative personnel responsibilities for the team including but not limited to label distribution, move schedules, Trouble Ticket management, and survey information.
- Lead and participate in additional project related work, delegating as needed.
- Become the subject matter expert of all building and move operations including, but not limited to, facility procedures, vendor points of contact, move program software, and any escalation processes.
- Responsible for employee development through the development of individualized goals and the creation of training plans to ensure that employees achieve the established goals.
- Responsible for training new staff in all administrative support and customer support expectations, and procedures throughout the move process and additional supportive tasks.
- Responsible for staff performance ensuring that all procedures, processes and policies are understood and followed. Following up with corrective employee conversations as necessary related to employee performance, including additional leadership as necessary.
- Assist Management in interviewing, hiring, and termination discussions.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent.
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Provide elevated customer support for employees, space manager, and all vendor partners within the Amazon space.
- Handle escalated situations with employees and vendor partners.
- Provide onsite support and answer questions throughout the move process to ensure a high level of customer experience.
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership.
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon and other Vendors ensure continuity across campus locations.
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Equivalent of 2 years of leadership experience.
- Minimum 3-year customer service or administrative support experience.
- Proven experience as a supervisor or similar management role
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.) indicate between preferred versus required. Include various tools we use.
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture"
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend the English language.
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
WHO WE ARE
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.