Amazon - Finance Manager for Northwest Center Services
Northwest Center is now hiring a Finance Manager to join the team!
As a leader in the workplace inclusion revolution, NWC operates commercial businesses as social enterprises: providing customers with the highest level of service, helping fund our services for people with disabilities, and employing people of all abilities. Through our partnership, Amazon has found an innovative way to fill front-end spots with organizations that work with employees with disabilities. Inclusion means valuing people of all abilities, and our longstanding partnership with Amazon is proof that when people of all abilities learn and work together, everyone benefits.
The Finance Manager position is best suited for someone who is energized by continuous improvement and thrives within a high-performing team whose needs span across all levels of the organization. This role acts as a trusted advisor, providing data-driven insights on key performance indicators and standardized business metrics to leadership, customers, and other team members.
We are seeking an individual who can leverage technical skills in financial planning, systems, and tools to lead process and strategy improvements. This position is ideal for someone seeking a role with a strong blend of autonomy and collaboration. The Finance Manager will operationalize planning and forecasting for the Division and experiment with different approaches to find ways to measure success. They will also influence, learn from and partner with individuals within the team across the company.
We are looking for motivated, strategic, and skilled financial professional with a demonstrable history of solving tough problems in complex environments. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Location: Hybrid based in either Seattle, Washington or Arlington, Virginia/DMV area (role can be based in either city)
Wage Range: $95,676 - $108,116.32 per year
Schedule: Mon - Fri - 8AM - 5PM (Occasional Nights/Weekends as needed)
What we can offer:
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- Additional 11 Annual Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, and Paid Compassion Leave
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
*** Please make sure you attach a resume to your application. Cover letters preferred. ***
- Act as financial owner for the @Amazon team ensuring all financial information is entered, tracked and reported to both NWC and Amazon key stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Own NWC @ Amazon P&L inputs, auditing and forecasting, tracking program budgets, forecasting potential changes and working with leadership to mitigate any shortfall to budget.
- Own the Amazon Purchase Order (PO) process, ensuring each PO budget is on track and working with leadership on amending and creating new Purchase Orders. Perform monthly reconciliation of program budget spends, contact and hold vendors accountable to agreed upon service levels.
- Create presentations for Divisional Executive Leadership that effectively communicate budget vs spend results, variations and recommended changes to reconcile differences.
- Develops, recommends, monitors, and reports operating program budgets; prepares budget revisions to reflect changes in project, funding, or policy levels; reconciles budget and expenditures to reimbursements.
- Researches and analyzes various factors that will impact projects’ financial situation; identifies risks and opportunities with regard to revenue, expenditures and other financial issues; provides frequent communication with program managers and lead the conversation to address emerging financial issues.
- Works with systems personnel to develop, modify, and improve financial reporting and budgeting systems.
- Maintain accurate monthly forecasts for each program, based on inputs from senior leaders in the business sourced from regular conversations and reviews, encompassing both headcount and non-headcount expenses.
- Report out actual performance on a monthly basis to functional leaders, providing detailed variance analysis comparing expectations vs. reality; assist on preparation of internal Finance consolidated reports.
- On an annual basis, guide leaders through fiscal year budgeting process, aligning functional plans to corporate goals.
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in finance operations management of high performing programs.
- Hands-on experience in a financial planning software
- Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to executive leadership.
- Organization, planning, and business skills alongside strategic thinking ability.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Experience in budget management and oversight over company P&L and operational planning to meet financial targets.
- Experience in Capacity Planning.
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equity, Inclusion and Diversity with an established understanding of how this commitment impacts the workplace.
- Ability to practice and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments.
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to imagine the “big picture”.
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Ability to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to move consistently within a 1.5 radius is require
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1,000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.