Employment Support Professional
Are you looking to make a difference in your community?
We are now hiring Employment Support Professionals to support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) to attain or maintain employment. You will be helping to place people in jobs that match their skills and providing support at each step along their career paths. This community-based role is a fantastic, hybrid-remote opportunity if you are looking to enter or grow within the Social Services or Human Services field. As an employment support professional, you will be meeting with clients in their homes and places of work, as well as performing outreach and advocacy throughout your community. Apply today if you are passionate, self-motivated, and team-oriented with a background in sales, social service, or education. Join our organization and help build a brighter future together!
As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you meet some of the requirements, share Northwest Center's values, and support our mission, we encourage you to apply.
Employment Specialist (Entry level):
Starting Wage Range: $21 - $22.75 per hour | Full Wage Range: $21 - $28 per hour
Employment Consultant (Mid to experienced):
Starting Wage Range: $22.75 - $25.75 per hour | Full Wage Range: $22.75 - $31.85 per hour
Location: East side of King County
(Bellevue, Redmond, Mercer Island)
Schedule: Full-Time, M-F, 8 am - 4:30 pm
What we can offer:
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- 7 Paid Holidays + 2.5 Days of Floating Holiday; 5 Floating Holiday days annually after one year
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Highly skilled, dedicated, and collaborative team
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an Income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com
Basic Expectations of your role:
- Providing one-on-one career coaching and retention services for adults with disabilities
- Empowering people with disabilities to reach their full potential
- Building skills and confidence of clients to find employment through resume creation, interview preparation, on-site job training, benefits planning, person-centered planning, assessments services, etc.
- Engaging with community partners to connect clients with support services
- Building relationships with local companies to create job opportunities
- Plus a multitude of other industry-specific support services
- 1 + years of experience working in a disability-focused human services field with hands-on experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Valid Driver's license and personal mode of transportation
- A flexible schedule to support clients when they work which may include occasional weekends and holidays
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion toward a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.