Call Center Supervisor for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
When People of all Abilities Learn and Work Together, Everyone Benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces, and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business, and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization and building cash reserves for future sustainability.
Northwest Center’s mission is to promote the growth, development, and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education, and work opportunity.
Under the director of the Call Center Manager, the Call Center Supervisor will have direct oversight of call center operations in our various offices and for providing exceptional customer service. They will be responsible for leading by example, developing a collaborative environment for Call Center Agents to succeed and proactively evaluating calls to identify operational challenges. They will partner with the call center manager on overall Agent performance and provide in the moment feedback to agents about phone calls. Supervisor will act as escalation point for challenging and difficult callers.
Hours of Operation: 7:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Job Title: Call Center Supervisor
Pay: $55,000 + Excellent Benefits
Location: South Lake Union
Key responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Provide management, day to day direction, and leadership to the entire Call Center Team
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels within the call center, and making sure staff are onsite and prepared for operations at scheduled start times. Communicating employee call outs to leadership and willing to provide coverage as needed
- Ensure program service level agreements and operation standards are met or exceeded, inclusive of call response, call audits, call reporting
- Plan and develop employee work schedules, coordinating break coverage ensuring the best use of resources
- Lead and participate in additional project related work, delegating as needed
- Become the subject matter expert of all call center operations, points of contact, and best practices.
- Responsible for employee development through the development of individualized goals and the creation of training plans to ensure that employees achieve the established goals.
- Responsible for training new call center agents in all customer support expectations, and procedures
- Responsible for staff performance ensuring that all procedures, processes and policies are understood and followed. Following up with corrective employee conversations as necessary related to employee performance, including additional leadership as necessary
- Assist Manager in interviewing, hiring, and termination discussions
- Contributes to a positive work environment that encourages retention and talent
- Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution
- Provide elevated customer support for challenging and difficult callers
- Handle escalated situations with callers, including instant repeat callers
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership
- Act as liaison between Northwest Center, Amazon and other Vendors ensure continuity across campus locations.
.Needed experience & requirements
Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-year call center experience
- Proven experience as a supervisor or similar management role
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office
- 2+ Years supervisory experience.
- Experience in call center management programs.
- Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively motivate others. Lead change and innovation
- Manages confidentiality without exception
- Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”
- Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
- Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
Working Conditions & Physical demands
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to move consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language
- Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening and weekend shifts.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.