Corporate Receptionist Trainer for Northwest Center @ Amazon
Corporate Receptionist Desk Trainers provide 5-star customer service to internal and external customers over the phone and in person. Trainers are responsible for performing all receptionist duties in addition to teaching new hires essential job functions of being a Corporate Receptionists for the NWC @ Amazon team. Trainers cultivate the skills and knowledge of their trainees and share their expertise in ways that motivate others.
Wage: $23.30 per hour
Schedule: Full Time - Monday - Friday | hours vary between 7:20 AM - 6:00 PM
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Facilitate the opening and/or closing of service locations throughout the Puget Sound Region.
• Responsible for building knowledge, and understanding current and future scheduled events/maintenance/and service provider locations.
• Follow proper procedures to hang and maintain customer posters in all buildings ensuring a presentable environment at all times
• Ensure program service level agreements and operation standards are exceeded
• Work collaboratively across the organization with different job levels and departments.
• Work collaboratively with Amazon employees and other vendor partners, ensuring the Northwest Center team is always acting as a solutions provider to our customer and vendor partners.
• Immediately report any suspicious persons, calls and packages to Amazon Corporate Security, NWC supervisors and Amazon Global Real Estate and Facilities.
• Maintain appropriate levels of reception forms and supplies. Take weekly inventory and communicate to the supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
• Distribute confidential assets for Amazon employees and/or vendor partners and update associated tracking logs.
• Ensure physical presence of lobby & workrooms exceed overall visual presence expectations and commissioning standards
• Projects & roaming
• Welcome customers upon entrance, act as the point of reference for guests & Amazon employees who need assistance or information. Understanding and anticipating customer's needs and providing them with personalized solutions and becoming the customers go to solutions provider.
• Utilize organization-specific computer programs to check-in guests and confirm validity prior to entering Amazon space. Issue loaner badges according to the specified operating procedures, as requested.
• Provide support to customers via phone, email or in person to callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners and all guests.
• Help resolve any escalations with guests and visitors in a professional and polite manner. Immediately communicating escalations to supervisor and call security for assistance, if necessary.
• Be knowledgeable of local places to eat and other landmarks to visit within the Puget Sound Region, and offer information to guest/Amazon employees as requested.
• Train, mentor, coach, and develop new hires during week 2 & 3 of employment and other departments as necessary, ensuring they have a solid understanding of various expectations of being a receptionist (proper greeting technique, etiquette, positive communications and customer interaction)
• Assess trainee’s learning style, adjusting your training to their style to ensure trainees are retaining reception skills. Critically examining the trainees’ understanding and progress and making necessary adjustments to the program
• Assist in preparing hard copies of training materials such as module summaries, videos, and presentations
• Collaborate with management to identify company training needs
BANANA STAND ADDENDUM
• Always arrive to the banana stand and ready to work at scheduled time in provided Banista uniform.
• Assist with daily set-up and/or tear down of stand and ensuring all banana stand related items are placed in appropriate locations.
• Select work appropriate music to play during operating hours.
• Unload bananas from boxes into banana stand crates while separating bananas into individual pieces.
• Remove plastic or other material from the banana bunches.
• Keep the banana stand crates full and plentiful for the duration of operating hours.
• Sort any bruised or damaged bananas out and place them in the compost bin.
• Ensure the banana stand is organized and clean at all times.
• Monitor the compost bin and facilitate emptying when full.
• Greet and engage each and every visitor to the stand in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner. Banistas are required to provide a 5-star impression at all times.
• Track daily metrics on distribution, compost, carry-over cases, and additional areas as specified by leadership and/or Amazon Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF).
• Track all comments, general inquiries, and public response to identify common themes and emergency situations needing attention.
• Learn FAQ’s and banana facts to share with visitors.
• Decorate the stand for holidays and/or special events with approved designs.
• Communicate issues needing supervisor attention immediately, i.e. unexpected media on scene, banana supply shortage, etc.
• Ability to follow structured timelines and accommodate unexpected requests
NEEDED EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred
• 1+ year customer service, call center, or administrative support experience
• A deep and thorough understanding of the business or organization, minimum of 6+ months of experience being a Corporate Receptionist for the [email protected] Team.
• 2+ years customer service, call center or administrative support experience
• Commitment to Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to quickly and successfully prioritize tasks.
• Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
• Conducts self in a professional and friendly manner at all times.
• Strong communication skills and ability to effectively deescalate situations.
• Strong conflict resolution, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s Policies and Procedures.
• Manages confidentiality without exception
• Maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
• Detailed oriented & thorough, with ability to see the “big picture”
• Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
• Responds calmly and professionally to emergencies, angry customers, or other stressful situations in the workplace.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Exercises good judgment in areas of responsibility. Identifies or assists in identifying alternative solutions to problems or situations.
• Regularly seeks new and improved methodologies for enhancing the effectiveness of organization. Employs imagination and creativity in the application of duties and responsibilities. Is not averse to change.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
• May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
• It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to move consistently within a 1.5 radius is required.
• Must be able to stand and/or sit outdoors in all weather conditions above 45 degrees Fahrenheit (up to 8 hours per work day).
• Must be able to lift bananas and stack boxes up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to read, write, communicate and comprehend the English language
• Ability to see both distance and details at close range, within a few feet of the observer (with or without corrective lenses).
• Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person (with or without a personal auditory hearing device).
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including occasionally arriving early, staying late on a moment’s notice and occasional evening
• This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.