Northwest Center is looking for an Employment Specialist to join our team!
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you a passionate, self-motivated, innovative, investigative, team-oriented person with sales or social service experience? Northwest Center takes pride in prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion. Be a part of the team that is leading the workplace inclusion revolution!
Employment Specialists support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) to attain or maintain employment. This unique industry allows you to build connections in your community, create local opportunities, and place people in jobs that match their skills. As an entry-level position in the field of disability employment services, this is a great opportunity for those looking to enter a Social Services or Human Services career.
Schedule: Part-time Monday - Friday 15 - 20 hrs per week
Wage: $18.75 - $20.50 per hour + mileage reimbursement
Location: Spokane County
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Gym & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
✶ Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an Income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19.
- Providing one-on-one career coaching and retention services for adults with disabilities
- Empowering people with disabilities to reach their full potential
- Building skills and confidence of clients to find employment through resume creation, interview preparation, on-site job training, benefits planning, person-centered planning, assessments services, etc.
- Engaging with community partners to connect clients with support services
- Building relationships with local companies to create job opportunities
- Plus a multitude of other industry-specific support services
- One or more years of experience working in direct service, job coaching, or disability-focused human services field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- A flexible schedule to support clients when they work, which may include occasional weekends and holidays
- Valid Driver's license and personal mode of transportation
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together.
We believe that curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and improving decision-making, planning, resource allocation, and how we treat others. Our goal is to create and implement more equitable practices, policies, and culture. To be equitable means to value and respect individuals from all cultural backgrounds, genders, races, identities, and abilities. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans’ status.