Speech and Language Pathologist
Northwest Center is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist to join our Early Supports team!
Are you passionate about empowering caregivers to promote their child's development in the community from the start? Are you looking for a rewarding career working with an innovative and supportive team while also maintaining a healthy work-life balance? Therapist caseloads and schedules are mindfully designed to prioritize and support a healthy work-life balance.
As a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP), you will provide evaluative, therapeutic, and consultative services to children who have delays or disorders in language, cognitive, social, emotional, and speech abilities. We provide holistic early intervention support through in-home visits for children from zero to three. Our team offers a flexible schedule and invests in our employee's professional development. We have a business model that gives us latitude for innovation, cross-training, a variety of specialist programs, and career development.
As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you meet some of the requirements, share Northwest Center's values, and support our mission, we encourage you to apply.
Location: Greater Seattle Area
Schedule: Full-time working 32 hrs per week
Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 5 pm
Wage: Starting at $32.69 - $46.00 per hour DOE + $2,000 hiring bonus!
*$500 to be paid out after 60 days of employment, and $1,500 to be paid out after 90 days of employment*
- Competitive and affordable Medical (Including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- 17 Accrued Paid Time Off Days Annually
- 20 Paid Holidays + 1 Day of Floating Holiday; 2 Floating Holiday days annually after one year
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program - $25 per month
- Student Loan Contribution Program - $50 per month
- Paid professional development and continuing education - $635 per year
- Highly skilled, dedicated, and well-established collaborative team
- Mileage and Professional License Reimbursement
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an Income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
About the Role:
We serve children in their homes, childcare locations, and community settings and use a strength-based coaching model to build family capacity through information sharing, modeling, and reflection. We support professional development financially and with time and are committed to our staff reaching their full potential.
Our nine specialty early supports programs have been developed by dedicated staff being supported to innovate based on family/child needs. These programs include our EPIC team, feeding team, hospital-to-home transition team, CHERISH replication team, infant mental health team, and parent programming.
You will work alongside a team of people with decades of experience and have opportunities to pursue your special interests, share your knowledge, and receive reflective supervision. We are a highly-skilled, dedicated, collaborative, and innovative multidisciplinary team serving a diverse caseload of children aged from birth to three.
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Licensed in the State of Washington
- We are currently unable to provide fellowship hours for Clinical Fellows
- Reliable transportation, auto insurance, and a WA driver’s license required
- One or more years of experience working in pediatrics or training that includes a pediatric affiliation required
- Must have or obtain current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Experience in early support or working a caseload including client's birth to three preferred
- Experience with an understanding of family involvement in therapy preferred
- Experience in feeding is a plus
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.