Lead Preschool Teacher (Seattle Preschool Program Classroom)
Northwest Center Kids is seeking a qualified Lead Preschool Teacher in a Seattle Preschool Program Classroom at our school in downtown Seattle! In this role, you will develop/implement positive, nurturing, and stimulating programs that help children develop social skills and prepare them for kindergarten. You will also have the opportunity to create and maintain supportive relationships with the student’s family members.
Location: Downtown Seattle
Schedule: Monday - Friday, an 8 hour shift between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm
Wage: DOE + Great Benefits!
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- 1 year lead experience with children in a classroom setting
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Plans, designs, implements, and maintains developmentally appropriate classroom
- Designs and implements timely and developmentally appropriate lesson plans
- Prepares assessments, program plans, summary reports, data management as required by the program
- Participates in events such as staffing, staff meetings, and conferences designed to ensure a quality early learning program
- Gives direction to aides and volunteers assigned to classroom
- Gives direction and training to substitutes and floaters
- Ensures teamwork with interdisciplinary team members (e.g. therapists)
- Develops supportive relationship with family members
- Provides support to co-teacher and assistant in classroom team
We provide excellent benefits including medical, elective dental and vision, 401K with company match, Orca Card, Value Village Discount, and much more!
If you need any assistance with the application process, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of the role in the subject line.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.