Corporate Receptionist for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center Services @ Amazon is looking for polished, self-motivated, and engaging customer service professionals to join our Corporate Reception team in the Crystal City area.
We work towards a single goal: to ensure a world-class experience for our customers. Our team is focused on continuously offering the highest level of service to all corporate employees and their visitors.
If you are like us, and you're truly obsessed with providing the best possible customer service, you'll find this is a great place to build your career!
* Thank you for your interest in a career at Northwest Center Services. We are eager to learn more about you! To be considered for this position, you must submit a resume with your application. *
Location: Crystal City area & Greater DMV Area
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30AM – 4:00PM and 9:30AM - 6:00PM (must have open availability to work both shifts as assigned)
Wage: $19.50 per hour + Excellent Benefits
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Gym & Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
You'll love it here if you:
- Want to learn, grow, and develop your professional skills
- Love interacting with people (and dogs)
- Want the opportunity to build your career
- Want to work in a fun, fast paced environment
The Corporate Receptionist provides 5-star customer service to internal and external customers over email, on the phone, and in person. The primary customer base includes callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and Amazon employees. Receptionists provide assistance with a variety of administrative activities and tasks including greeting and checking in guests, distributing badges, providing resources to callers, and assisting with projects. Receptionists are solution providers and seek to provide a memorable customer centric experience through each interaction.
- Open and close support service locations making sure the lobby is clean and organized.
- Greet all employees and visitors with a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner. Receptionists are required to provide a 5-star first impression in every customer interaction and phone conversation.
- Follow proper procedures to hang and maintain customer posters in all buildings.
- Offer to check luggage and coats.
- Issue loaner badges as requested.
- Assist Amazon’s recruiting department by issuing and collecting a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and verify the form is signed and dated. Contact first interviewer at appropriate time.
- Welcome on-site visitors and issue the appropriate Visitor Badge. Determine the nature of their visit and announce them to the appropriate person.
- Direct new hires and temporary employees to Security Badge Office to get employee badge.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, determine caller’s need and transfer to appropriate person or department.
- Subscribe to reception email lists and respond to all email in a timely manner, not more than 30 minutes from receipt.
- Respond to all e-mails sent by Reception Leadership acknowledging you received, read and understand the content if it is requested.
- Manage distribution of LCD projectors including monitoring all e-mails for LCD projector reservation requests and updating outlook calendars with status of reservation. Work with Supervisor to resolve issues including reservation conflicts, missing projectors, and broken or not returned equipment.
- Distribute assets for Amazon employees and update the associated logs. This includes, but is not limited to keys, access cards, and parking items.
- Distribute Amazon paychecks making sure employee signs paycheck log and verifying with your signature or initials.
- Maintain appropriate levels of reception forms and supplies. Report to your Supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
- Keep your workroom and desk clean and organized.
- Call security as needed for assistance and follow proper escalation procedures.
- Assist employees with catering deliveries including getting a cart for them, or helping to carry items to their meeting location.
- Create remedy ticket for any facility issues brought to reception’s attention.
- Make transportation reservations as requested.
- Assist with onsite MyCommute needs of Amazon team members at the direction of SeaBel staff, including transportation passes and information.
- Assist with Move Ambassador tasks as needed and under the direction of the SeaBel staff.
- Other duties as assigned by NWC leadership
Banana Stand Addendum
- Always arrive to the banana stand and ready to work at scheduled time in provided Banista uniform.
- Assist with daily set-up and/or tear down of stand and ensuring all banana stand related items are placed in appropriate locations.
- Select work appropriate music to play during operating hours.
- Unload bananas from boxes into banana stand crates while separating bananas into individual pieces.
- Remove plastic or other material from the banana bunches.
- Keep the banana stand crates full and plentiful for the duration of operating hours.
- Sort any bruised or damaged bananas out and place them in the compost bin.
- Ensure the banana stand is organized and clean at all times.
- Monitor the compost bin and facilitate emptying when full.
- Greet and engage each and every visitor to the stand in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner. Banistas are required to provide a 5-star impression at all times.
- Track daily metrics on distribution, compost, carry-over cases, and additional areas as specified by leadership and/or Amazon Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF).
- Track all comments, general inquiries, and public response to identify common themes and emergency situations needing attention.
- Learn FAQ’s and banana facts to share with visitors.
- Decorate the stand for holidays and/or special events with approved designs.
- Communicate issues needing supervisor attention immediately, i.e. unexpected media on scene, banana supply shortage, etc.
- Ability to follow structured timelines and accommodate unexpected requests
Knowledge & Experience:
- Must have 1-year minimum customer service, call center, or administrative support experience.
- Intermediate English literacy and reading level.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to quickly and successfully prioritize tasks.
- Conducts self in a professional and friendly manner at all times.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively deescalate situations with dissatisfied customers.
- Strong conflict resolution, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s Policies and Procedures.
- Daily duties include a combination of desk time and visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk regularly within a 1.5-mile radius and via Metro subway or bus within 10 stops is required
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods (up to 8 hours per workday).
- Need to carry supplies to other buildings, up to 50 pounds.
- Amazon is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
At Northwest Center, we value and accept diversity and inclusion. We promote this by encouraging our employees to participate and contribute to our various employee resource groups. Some examples of the groups include Black Affinity Group (BAG), PRISM (LGBTQIA+ Group) and our Equity Committee. These resource groups promote diversity and inclusion, provide resources to employees, and play an important role in creating a community at Northwest Center! Our culture is encouraging, promotes growth and believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veteran’s status.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.