Early Childhood Nurse Consultant
Northwest Center is now hiring an Early Childhood Nurse Consultant to join IMPACT!
In this role, you will take the lead on training and consultations regarding child health and development. This includes providing virtual consultations with providers, creating and presenting professional development webinars, and implementing developmental screenings. A successful candidate is passionate about inclusion, is culturally responsive, and is familiar with supporting children with disabilities and other special healthcare needs.
Join the IMPACT Team and you will be supporting the promotion of inclusive practices in child care settings throughout King County. This is a highly skilled, collaborative, and innovative multidisciplinary team serving diverse communities. Applicants with fluency in a non-English language are encouraged to apply.
Location: Remote for employees within Washington
Schedule: Part-time; 20 hours per week
Wage: $35 - $37.50 per hour DOE
What we can offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
- Develop and provide training and consultation to childcare and early learning providers on a variety of health and safety topics for children.
- Plan, organize, and present educational workshops on a variety of topics.
- Provide support to childcare providers on the use of medical devices and equipment, assist in reviewing and implementing care plans, and provide assistance in the development of policies to promote the health and safety of children.
- Assist with assessments and screenings and make appropriate recommendations to providers, as well as referrals to community resources and services.
- Conduct health, safety, and environmental assessments of childcare facilities.
- Prepare and administer screenings, assessments, summary reports, data management, and other documentation as necessary to maintain complete records, in alignment with Northwest Center Kids and King County requirements.
- Participate in reflective supervision as required.
- Participate in agency program planning and program dissemination including presentations, articles, referrals, inter-agency collaborations, etc.
- Comply with contractual and funding obligations and adheres to Northwest Center Kids' best practices.
- Develop supportive relationships with co-workers, partner agencies, and families/caregivers.
- Practice collaborative communication and teamwork with interdisciplinary team members and all other NWC departments.
- Act as a collaborative participant in team meetings, required trainings, and ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Ensure that all King County funding paperwork is completed and in compliance with contract regulations.
- Provide information to co-workers regarding community events and resources that may be relevant to providers and families.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in Washington State with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited National League of Nursing (NLN) university or equivalent
- Must have or obtain current CPR and First Aid certification
- Experience working with children 0-6 years old
- Demonstrated knowledge of child development ages birth through six
- Experience in child care health consulting or school nursing, and public health preferred
- Experience in early intervention preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Knowledge of maternal-child health, public health nursing principles and processes, health care systems and structure, and infectious disease management
- Demonstrated ability in the areas of medical record documentation, problem-solving, case management, and crisis prevention
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and telephone skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage in multiple tasks
- Familiarity using online video platforms such as Zoom
- Thorough working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Living within the state of Washington
- Bilingual candidates (Spanish, Mandarin, or Somali) preferred
About Northwest Center's IMPACT Team:
IMPACT is the Inclusion Mentorship Program for increasing Access in Childcare Team. We are a multidisciplinary team providing consultation and professional development training to early learning providers across King County, WA, on how to offer high-quality inclusive environments so children of all abilities can thrive. On this team, you will be supporting the community to be a more inclusive place for children of all abilities.
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected]
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.