Are you ready to work with an established community agency that values work/life balance and creates space for innovation? Work within a diverse, supportive team making a difference in the lives of families and their young children at Northwest Center.
Schedule: Part-Time, 32 hours a week
Wage: $31 - $46 per hour DOE + $2,000 hiring bonus!
*$500 to be paid out after 60 days of employment, and $1,500 to be paid out after 90 days of employment*
About the role:
Northwest Center Kids is seeking a Pediatric Occupational Therapist to join our highly-skilled, collaborative, and innovative multidisciplinary team serving a diverse community. This position provides evaluative, therapeutic, and consultative services to children, birth to three years old, who have delays or concerns with motor, feeding, social-emotional and sensory development, utilizing evidence and a relationship-based lens.
We serve children in their homes, childcare, and community settings in person or via telemedicine. Our providers aim to create a collaborative partnership with the families we serve, utilizing strengths and a relationship-based approach focused on equity and family priorities. Family capacity to support their child’s development and advocate for their needs are built through reflection, information sharing, and modeling.
At Northwest Center Kids, our staff is provided funding and time for their ongoing professional development. Our specialty early supports programs have been developed by dedicated staff being supported to innovate based on family/child needs. These programs include our EPIC team, feeding team, Hospital-to-Home transition team, CHERISH replication team, infant mental health team, and parent programming.
You will work alongside an experienced team of providers and have opportunities to pursue your special interests, share your knowledge, and receive reflective supervision. A successful candidate is passionate about the whole child, culturally responsive, and works cooperatively with staff, families, and community partners.
What we can offer:
- Hourly, part-time position including documentation time
- Competitive and affordable Medical (including hearing & hardware coverage!), Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits
- Additional Floating Holidays, Parental Leave, Paid Compassion Leave, and Paid Holidays
- Retirement 401(K) with a company match
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) including six free therapy sessions per year
- Physical Wellness Reimbursement Program and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Paid professional development and continuing education
- Highly skilled, dedicated, and well-established collaborative team
- Mileage and Professional License Reimbursement
- Northwest Center is proud to offer its staff an income Protection Benefit to those potentially affected by COVID-19
Check out the entire list of benefits Northwest Center has to offer here: http://www.nwcbenefits.com/
- Master’s degree, OTD or equivalent
- Licensed Occupational Therapist in the State of Washington
- NBCOT certified
- At least one-year of experience working in pediatrics or field work that includes a pediatric affiliation
- Own car and insurance that meets state minimum insurance requirements
- WA driver’s license
- Early Supports or working a caseload including clients aged birth to three experience preferred
- Candidates with experience providing services in a non-English language, feeding therapy, and/or infant mental health experience desired
Northwest Center is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need any assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process, please contact us at [email protected].
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, support it, live it, and flourish in it to benefit our employees, the community, and our clientele. We believe that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. Northwest Center is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, including disability and veterans status.