Technical Customer Service Specialist I
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To perform technical customer service and related activities in a professional, courteous, and reliable manner in order to provide every customer with an outstanding experience by utilizing multiple communication platforms.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Responds via multi-media platforms to technical and parts related questions from customers, Company employees and other departments with the goal of limiting returns and warranty expenses.
2. Troubleshoots and diagnoses light industrial products including, but not limited to, generators, hot and cold pressure washers, water pumps, log splitters and air compressors.
3. Communicates all customer and / or service center information pertaining to new warranty claims to the Technical Service Representative Level II group.
4. Performs the work of a Customer Service Representative as required such as order status, package tracing, and order changes.
5. Suggests creative solutions to improve customer satisfaction and process efficiencies.
6. Attends all assigned product trainings, studies Company catalogs, regularly reads Company product memos, sales marketing notes, vendor bulletins, announcements, other appropriate material, and attends seminars as scheduled.
7. Participates in all events deemed necessary by the company such as sales meetings and trade shows.
8. Keeps supervisor and others informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
9. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent.
- At least one year of college or related technical training preferred.
- At least 1 year of customer service, sales or related experience.
- Mechanical aptitude as related to light industrial products.
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards.
- Good administrative and clerical skills, including personal computer experience.
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain composure in high pressure situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.