Technical / Mechanical Customer Service Specialist
Interested in working for a family owned business that has been recognized as a Star Tribune “Top Workplace” in Minnesota? Do you enjoy working on small engines and outdoor power equipment? Want the opportunity to ditch the daily commute and work from home (even post-Covid) ? If so, this may be the job for you!
We’re seeking an individual who is mechanically familiar with small engines and other light industrial equipment such as pressure washers, generators, log splitters, etc. If this is you keep reading! The primary function of this position is to assist our private label customers with support post purchase. This requires creative problem solving in diagnosing, troubleshooting and parts support while offering an outstanding customer experience.
We are seeking candidates who are passionate about:
- Troubleshooting/diagnosing light industrial machines
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Creative problem solving
- Learning, developing and growing in their career
- Having the flexibility of working from home rather than coming into the office every day
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Mechanical aptitude as related to light industrial products
- At least one year of college or related technical training preferred
- At least 1 year of customer service, sales, or related experience
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent phone and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain composure in high pressure situations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
- High-speed Internet connection
- A quiet, private place in your home where you can work without background noise
- Ability to meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Efficient in general PC skills
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies
What You Will Do:
- Respond via multi-media platforms to 40-60 technical and parts related questions from customers per day.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose light industrial products including, but not limited to, generators, hot and cold pressure washers, water pumps, log splitters and air compressors.
- Communicate all customer and / or service center information pertaining to new warranty claims to the Technical Service Representative Level II group.
- Perform the work of a Customer Service Representative as required such as order status, package tracing, and order changes.
- Suggest creative solutions to improve customer satisfaction and process efficiencies.
A few other things to know:
Technical Customer Service hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7am-5pm (cst). We are looking for folks who are flexible to work varied 8 hour shifts during those hours.
You will be provided extensive training that prepares you to work from home. We will provide the equipment and support you need to do the job from your home. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable working in a remote environment, are independent decision makers and enjoy providing resolution and servicing our customers by phone. We are dedicated to providing scheduled one on one coaching/meetings with your manager to keep you informed, build rapport and support your learning opportunities.
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid time off, including paid volunteer time
- Generous employee discount
- We support your growth and career goals through on-the-job training, learning & development programs and tuition reimbursement