L+D Training Specialist
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To collaborate with subject matter experts to develop eLearning, classroom, and virtual courses for a dispersed audience that support the company’s strategic foundation and initiatives. To conduct and maintain developed training programs for all levels of employees within the company.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Writes, designs, and develops eLearning courses that support company strategies and meet training objectives.
- Designs and maintains existing classroom and virtual training programs for all areas of the business using sound instructional design principles.
- Conducts training programs for various levels of employees using a variety of training methods (e.g., train-the-trainer, classroom, webinars) in the areas of business skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership training.
- Plans and reviews training solutions regularly to identify gaps and assess its effectiveness through quantitative and qualitative analysis (e.g., needs analysis, Learning Management System reporting).
- Assists with Learning Management (LMS) Administration tasks including maintaining courses, assigning curriculum, building page content, troubleshooting issues, and reporting on all activity in the LMS.
- Assists with managing the logistics of Learning + Development (L+D) events to include event registration in the LMS, managing the training inbox, responding to requests, ordering materials, and event preparation.
- Works with the L+D team to develop and revise course materials to include instructor and participant guides, job aids, slide presentations, and Human Resources forms.
- Designs innovative, creative, and effective marketing to keep all employees connected, informed, and inspired about development opportunities.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates/communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in training and work experience.
- At least 3 years of related job experience.
- Experience creating custom, interactive eLearning courses using Articulate Storyline.
- Proven understanding of instructional design and adult learning theory.
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills.
- Knowledge and use of LMS functionality, administration, and reporting.
- Uses excellent problem-solving skills, along with creativity and professionalism, to address training issues.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results in order to successfully execute goals.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high quality results.
- Ability to be creative and innovative to bring new ideas to learning and development methodologies.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills (logical, concise, business and customer-focused).
- Proficient in the use of graphics programs, survey administration software, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion.
- Ability to travel 5% of the time.