Global Product Engineering Manager
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To lead the global current product engineering team at which includes configuration management, and documentation control. The Engineering Manager role is responsible for global management of platform life cycles, execution, and resolution of quality/warranty support. The Global Partnerships Manager will lead the engineering change process (ECR) and follow PDP (product development process) for level 1 and level 2 projects. This role typically leads multiple smaller to medium size programs. To work cross functionally with integrated program members and is the single point of ownership and communication supporting the product portfolio. This role will support needs of global partnerships within NTE of Ningbo factory, GNE, Ducar, and Loncin.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Leads cross-functional program teams (which includes Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Quality, Manufacturing, Industrial Design, Engineering, Purchasing, Service) to support product portfolio changes, quality, and evolution.
- Experience building and developing organization capacity for DTV and VAVE execution.
- Establishes a baseline and manages the category portfolios.
- Ensures direct interaction of the engineering team with customers, partners, and internal departments in order to deeply understand customer needs.
- Owns department resources, RACI, and employee performance and development.
- Owns the overall success of programs, s, and leads and coordinates all major gate reviews with senior management.
- Ensures technical specifications, development, and validation requirements are met for portfolio and projects.
- Leads and manages VAVE projects and aligns execution plan.
- Monitors warranty and product claims and takes action as required.
- Ensures annual compliance requirements are met for all categories.
- Manages and leads weekly ECR review for cross functional approval and alignment.
- Supports factories in Faribault and Ningbo for product related quality issues.
- Supports NTE partnerships with product related changes or issues. Including GNE, Ducar, and Loncin.
- Collaborates with engineering integrated product team (IPT) to ensure all technical requirements are defined, met, and validated.
- Plans, allocates, and monitors resources and task assignments.
- Motivates the entire team and others affecting the program's success. Demonstrates strong ownership of platforms and laying out strategies and next steps to meet deliverables.
- Develops a strong culture of customer support, rapid response and continuous learning.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical preferred.
- At least five years of experience in engineering/product development/operations.
- 5 years of project engineering experience and expert . Must have completed project from concept to production.
- Experience with product development process, technical deliverables, communication, and requirements.
- Able to prioritize and make decisions based on business needs and resources.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience with root cause determination fundamentals.
- Experience with problem solving processes and tools such as
- Willingness to go the extra mile and demonstrate ownership.
- Knowledge of when to escalate problems or issues.
- Experience leading from the front and bringing solutions.
- Able to inspire others and share passion for our vision, culture and opportunity.
- Strong strategic thinking abilities, operational intelligence and sound judgment.
- Data-driven with a balance between data and intuition.
- Embraces test and learn approach to make informed business decisions.
- Collaborative and able to build partnerships and ensures shared success, including cross-functional collaboration skills with sales, product management, marketing, and operations.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
- Northern Tool and Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and talk or hear.
- Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision and the ability to adjust focus.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Direct supervision of 3 exempt employees