Team Lead - Welding - 2nd Shift
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To efficiently produce high quality products through wire feed welding, as well as, lead team members by training, assigning work and keeping welding activity flowing efficiently under the direction of the Welding Supervisor.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Creates and maintains Standard Work documents to assist team members in achieving production goals.
- Creates and maintains Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions to assist team members.
- Leads daily meetings to communicate instructions and plans the team members.
- Partners and participates with Industrial Engineering, using Northern Lean System 8 step problem solving methodologies to resolve work abnormalities.
- Maintains Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, (SQDC) boards to inform team members on Key Performance Indicators, (KPIs).
- Performs Abnormal Work in welding as a result of any deviation from the standard work.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area in compliance with 5S.
- Attends appropriate daily/weekly meetings with Supervisor/Manager.
- Accurately records time and quantity of production orders in a timely manner.
- Assists Supervisor in training and retraining team members
- Assign individual work assignments to team members in the welding area.
- Welds parts in a high-quality and efficient manner to achieve established standards.
- Sets up and operates various welding equipment such as wire feed welders and cutting torches.
- Coordinates work for other welders to ensure that timeliness, efficiency and quality standards are met. Gives work direction in absence of supervisor.
- Acts as first point of contact for welders with troubleshooting of equipment or process failure.
- Operates forklift in a safe manner to keep welding booths stocked with necessary parts and to move finished products as needed.
- Maintains a positive work attitude and promote a “team” approach throughout the department.
- Complies with company and department safety rules, work practices, policies and procedures as applicable.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach
- Performs related work as assigned or apparent.
- High School education or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of welding experience; production or wire feed welding preferred.
- Vocational or other welding certification preferred.
- Excellent blue print reading skills.
- Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
- Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated organizational ability.
- Basic understanding of the LEAN principles of manufacturing.
- Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.