Maintenance Supervisor/Weekend Shift (Friday - Sunday / 6am - 6pm)
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To oversee and maintain Northern Tool facility and grounds, including all associated machinery and staff on Weekend shift.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Oversees completion of building maintenance, routine maintenance of conveyor and oversees preventive maintenance of building and conveyor systems and personnel.
2. Oversees custodial duties: cleaning offices, lunchroom facilities, sweeper and scrubber operators or contractors.
3. Oversees and maintains facility plumbing and/or plumbing contractors.
4. Assists and supervises troubleshooting and performs regular maintenance of computerized numerical control, manual machines, facility air compressors, conveyor systems, and forklifts.
5. Troubleshoots and repairs pneumatic and hydraulic controls, cylinders, pumps and other related equipment.
6. Maintains all electrical and electronic components, such as motor starters, relays, prox switches, timers, limit
7. Tracks and completes maintenance request orders from other departments throughout the facility in a timely fashion.
8. Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
9. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
10. Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee development.
11. Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
12. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
• High School education or equivalent.
• 1-3 years of experience in related position or field.
• 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
• Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
• Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
• Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
• Knowledge of Mechanical drive systems (gears, belts, bearings, etc).
• Ability to use test equipment such as Digital Volt Meters, ammeters, scopes, leak sensors.
• Ability to read and apply schematics and blueprints in all following areas, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical.
• Knowledge of servo drive systems.
• Knowledge of electrical and electronic components.
• Mechanical and electrical knowledge of conveyor systems.
• Plumbing, basic machining, woodworking.
• Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
• Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
• Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to talk and hear.
• Ability to frequently lift up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to rarely lift 50 pounds, 75 pounds, 100 pounds.
• Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
• Ability to operate forklift, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
• Protective eyewear (safety glasses)
• Protective hearing devices in designated areas
• Additional PPE as task requires
• Direct supervision of:
3-6 non-exempt employees