Service Desk Specialist II
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
To provide level 1 support via phone queue, email, and help desk ticket process. To log, track, and assist in solving user hardware and software problems utilizing corporate help desk software.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Functions as a primary point of contact as part of tier 1 for end user problems and enters event details in helpdesk system. Employs customer service skills to address technical issues, and troubleshoot hardware\software issues to resolution.
- Answers complex questions and handles escalated telephone and end user correspondence, partnering with other departments as needed, and completing miscellaneous tasks.
- Suggests creative solutions to improve end user satisfaction.
- Conducts triage of incidents\service requests and escalates to the appropriates teams where appropriate.
- Receives and processes work requests that can be addressed by following standard procedures for first call resolution.
- Resolves problems in a timely manner and performs day-to-day support duties including user settings.
- Documents problem and resolution in help desk system according to established procedures. Ensures follow-up is performed in a timely manner and documented appropriately.
- Creates and manages user accounts and access levels based on management request through the service desk ticketing system.
- Maintains a professional, courteous, and respectful manner and provides quality service to all customers.
- Creates documentation where possible to contribute to knowledge base.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- High school education or equivalent, plus at least 1 year of technical or business school training in information systems.
- Certifications in related field preferred (ie CompTIA A+, CCNA, MSDST, MOS, MCAS).
- At least 2 years of related work experience in a support role preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Management Information Systems (MIS) and equipment.
- Previous experience working with an IT helpdesk ticketing system.
- Ability to relate well to a diverse group of people including the IT staff, end users and all levels of management.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude about the company, employees, and customers.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in making decisions.
- Windows Desktop Operating System experience required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company personnel.
- Availability and willingness to work irregular hours including being part of an on-call rotation for weekend and off-hours coverage.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.