Technical Product Owner, Supply Chain
Northern Tool + Equipment is family-owned retailer. We are currently seeking a talented Technical Product Owner who wishes to share their resourcefulness, ideas, and expertise to build lasting relationships by providing the right solution to our customers. We are a growing company with plans to expand into new markets and looking to build our team with great leaders who are focused on developing and supporting their team to success.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To own and communicate the vision for all Supply Chain technology products to stakeholders, leaders, and agile teams. Defines and prioritizes epics, features, and stories within Supply Chain product team backlogs to deliver solutions that achieve organizational strategies and objectives.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Develops the Supply Chain technology product strategy and roadmaps that will enable new capabilities as well as optimize daily operations of existing supply chain systems.
2. Realigns Supply Chain technology from a project-based approach to a product model.
3. Builds and manages strong, effective business relationships with each area of the Supply Chain organization to gain an understanding of business processes, identify gaps and efficiency opportunities.
4. Collaborates with business leaders to evaluate maturity of Supply Chain business processes and capabilities. Works to create a shared vision for the future of those capabilities, creating long and short-term product roadmaps to achieve those goals.
5. Ensures the Supply Chain technology product teams are aligned to and measuring against a common set of outcomes that support organizational strategies and objectives.
6. Creates, maintains, prioritizes, and sequences the product backlog(s) based on business value or return on investment (ROI).
7. Communicates effectively with all levels of IT teams to ensure that product team needs are being met.
8. Incorporates process standardization, innovation, automation, and simplification improvements in product solutions to enable and streamline the business technology landscape over time. Stays current with Supply Chain technology evolution.
9. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance, or related discipline required.
- At least 7 years of experience serving within or in support of a Supply Chain function, including advanced knowledge of transportation, inventory, logistics, distribution, warehousing, fulfillment, or related processes.
- At least 5 years of business technology leadership in a product-aligned organization.
- At least 3 years of experience working with agile teams in the role of Product Owner or Product Manager, preferably in the Supply Chain domain.
- Experience creating and driving product strategy, product roadmaps, and measuring product success against business outcomes.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience, preferably at a Sr. Manager or higher level.
- Ability to lead more junior product owners across a larger product portfolio.
- Strong relationship development and communications skills, especially with senior leadership, with ability to handle conflict resolution and influence decisions.
- Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated balance of both business and technical acumen in the assigned function(s).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into practical applications and operational solutions.
- Superior presentation skills and ability to intuitively present ideas and concepts to staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to recognize the need for, take personal accountability to adapt, and lead others through organizational change.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
- We offer remote working opportunities in AL, AR, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NM, NY, NC, ND, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI.
- A fast-growing nationwide brand – over 121 locations in 22 states.
- Competitive wages.
- Clean and organized work environment.
- A defined training program to support your success.
- Competitive benefits package: health, retirement, employee assistance and more!
- Generous employee discount at all of the Kotula family of companies – Northern Tool & Equipment, Tractorseats.com, Great Northern Equipment.