Northern Tool + Equipment is excited to announce our 2023 Internship Program. The program is designed to kick-start your career and provide real-world experience in your chosen profession. Interns will further develop their skills and knowledge by completing project-based work that addresses real business issues. The projects are designed to maximize your career potential, provide valuable insights, and make a lasting impact in our growth trajectory!
As a Marketing Intern you’ll get the opportunity to put your unique fingerprint on how we grow our customer base… the consumer experience at Northern. You’ll be an active member of the growing Marketing team that is building creative solutions on how Northern Tool creates lasting connections with their new, existing, and potential customers. We are a team that champions change, removes roadblocks and builds a culture where everyone can win together! You’ll be assigned a meaningful project in one of the following disciplines:
EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING | DIGITAL MARKETING | DIGITAL/MOTION GRAPHIC DESIGN | CUSTOMER ANALYTICS | OPERATIONS
What you can expect from us:
- A challenging and meaningful work experience over 10 weeks – paid!
- A hybrid work environment with flexibility to work in person and remotely
- A mentor to work with you one-on-one to guide your impact
- Engagement opportunities with our executives and senior leadership
- Fun social, networking and volunteer opportunities with other interns
- A fast-paced work environment
- The ability to work on a team, as well as managing your own individual responsibilities
What we look for in our Interns:
- Must be enrolled or a recent graduate from a 2-4 year Associates or Bachelor’s program
- Demonstrated leadership capability in previous work experience and/or extracurriculars
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Coachable and self-motivated to learn and exceed your own expectations
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word – for interns involved in digital motion/graphic design, must also be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects
- Social media platforms knowledge, willingness to learn analytical tools, and create and/or manage posting schedules
Location: Burnsville, MN (hybrid)
This position will be a mix of remote and in-person work at Northern Tool + Equipment’s corporate office. Travel to MN-based Northern Tool + Equipment locations may be expected.
As a trusted family business, we honor and serve those who do the tough jobs. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding experience to make an impact, apply today!
We believe that having a diverse and inclusive workforce is critical to our success. We are committed to building teams that represent a variety of background, perspectives, and skills. At this time Northern Tool + Equipment cannot sponsor interns for employment authorization.