Senior Data Analyst (Supply Chain)
Northern Tool + Equipment is family-owned retailer. We are currently seeking a talented Senior Supply Data Analyst who wishes to share their resourcefulness, ideas, and expertise to build lasting relationships by providing the right solution to our customers. We are a growing company with plans to expand into new markets and our looking to build our team with great leaders who are focused on developing and supporting their team to success.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Partner with a Supply chain and Manufacturing business function, be the Subject matter expert in Data & Analytics department for Supply chain/Manufacturing function, Gather and Analyze requirements, Do the data modeling, Wireframe the Dashboard requirements, partner with Data architects, Data Engineers and Data Visualization Engineers to meet the needs of business.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Owns a Data and Analytics Product focused on Transportation, Logistics and Manufacturing function.
2. Analyze and understand various source systems and related data structures.
3. Gather, analyze and document business requirements in Data & Analytics domain.
4. Work with Data Architect and do the data model for a given business function and ensure adherence to a common data model.
5. Collaborate with Data Engineers/Data Visualization Engineers, provide them with Data mapping documents and wireframe documents.
6. Ensures that the Data & Analytics solutions delivered meet customer needs.
7. Be the SME/Authority on Data and Visualization assets for a given Transportation, Logistics and Manufacturing function.
8. Completes change requests for new reports and enhancements in a timely manner with high quality.
9. Works collaboratively and effectively communicates with others across departments in order to perform and complete necessary tasks and projects.
10. Follows established Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), change control, release management and incident management processes while developing and deploying standard reports.
11. Provides recommendations on the availability of existing reports and suggests opportunities to improve reporting solutions. Also, suggests improvements to the data model where applicable.
12. Builds and maintains relationships cross-functionally in order to stay current with the needs and operations of the business functional areas supported.
13. Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
14. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
- At least 7 years relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in the following areas: PowerBI, Azure, Azure Synapse or SQL Server or Oracle, Azure Data Factory or Informatica Powercenter, and SSIS
- Experience with the Extract, Translate, Load (ETL) process of transitioning a variety of data sources into analytical data sources required.
- Experience in relational database design and dimensional modeling is preferred.
- Research/Peer-Review background with exposure to predictive modeling methodology preferred.
- Experience with system and customer support preferred.
- Must be willing to work as a team and also possess the skills to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and utilize creativity on assigned projects.
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical design skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
At Northern Tool & Equipment We Offer:
- A fast-growing nationwide brand – over 121 locations in 22 states.
- Competitive wages.
- Clean and organized work environment.
- A defined training program to support your success.
- Competitive benefits package: health, retirement, employee assistance and more!
- Generous employee discount at all of the Kotula family of companies – Northern Tool & Equipment, Tractorseats.com, Great Northern Equipment.