PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To strategically design and implement information systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions and assure their high availability. To provide technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level and support project teams in the documentation of development, configuration and integration activities into their project plans.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Designs and implements long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate technology and software.
- Ensures that proposed and existing solution architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provides architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Business Analysts, Business System Analysts, Systems Engineers, Architects, and software development teams.
- Leads development of formalized solution methodologies and, where applicable, designs, develops, and oversees implementation of end-to-end integrated solutions.
- Reviews new and existing solutions design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Interfaces and coordinates tasks with internal and external technical resources. Collaborates with Project Managers, vendors and IT stakeholders to provision estimates and develop overall implementation plan for installation, customization and integration efforts.
- Builds and maintains repository for deliverables and methodologies.
- Documents and maintains the organization’s existing IT Enterprise Solution Architecture and technology portfolio; makes recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Develops, documents, and communicates plans for investing in IT Enterprise Solution Architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Surveys market landscape for solution insights, direction, vendors, and methods.
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation.
- Provides quality assurance for services within the solution area.
- Confers with end-users, clients, or senior management to define business requirements for complex systems (including interfaces) and infrastructure development.
- Models business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Works with technical writers to ensure quality internal and external client-oriented documentation.
- Provides guidance on the development and execution of best practices for end-to-end lifecycle of core technology platforms and overall technical performance. Reports on findings and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Provides oversight to the systems capacity plan and establishment of technology standards.
- Provides mentoring or guidance to junior members of the team.
- Establishes, manages and runs the Enterprise Architecture Review Board.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, system analysis, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 15 or more years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management, and infrastructure planning and operations (10 years+ in solution design and 5+ years in architecture).
- Leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Requires exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture, business re-engineering principles and processes, and basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- TOGAF 9 certification desired
- COBIT certification desired
- ITIL Foundation desired
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.