Lead Web Developer
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To lead internal and external teams which develop and support the E-Commerce sales channel of the Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provides day to day direction to ensure the team understands and executes on the strategic direction of the organization.
- Provides the leadership & structure to ensure technology solutions are accurate, on-time and meet the needs of business and customers by managing resources, coordinating projects, and participating in the Agile ceremonies with the development team.
- Leads through example on complex development tasks.
- Leads code review activities and responsible for approving code in the workflow.
- Reports on team and individual effectiveness using KPIs and standard Agile sprint metrics. Performs continuous improvement activities around the metrics.
- Empowers the team to be Agile and to use Agile best practices.
- Works closely with the UX Product Owner and other cross functional teams to plan for execution of road map initiatives. Prioritizes technology focused stories in conjunction with the Product Owner.
- Calculates and enters time for Enterprise Project Management resource planning.
- Leads task estimation work, ensuring estimates are as accurate for project and backlog work.
- Ensures solutions are resilient, scalable and performant.
- Ensures the right level of documentation is produced for all project work.
- Works with Application Admin team to schedule releases. Creates Change Requests to support team deployment activities. Leads release activities.
- Prioritizes support requests. Ensures timely resolution.
- Provides on-call scheduling and responsible for on-call issue escalation.
- Keeps manager informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- At least 2 years of leadership experience on a software development team
- Ability to supervise the work of others
- At least 5 years of related development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of UNIX based operating systems such as Red Hat Linux
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Excellent grasp of effective IT operations procedures and methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools such as Excel and Project
- Knowledgeable with Agile processes and best practices
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of customers, Company personnel and others
- Dependable and handles pressure well
- Multitasking and prioritization skills to effectively manage multiple efforts simultaneously
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies