PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To efficiently give direction to the welding department through motivation and supervision of employees, as well as produce a high quality product in a timely manner.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provides work direction for up to ten welders and ensure that a high quality product is being produced.
- Sets up and operates various welding equipment.
- Organizes and schedules work, assigns job duties and monitors progress to ensure that assigned operations are performed in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Develops, recommends and implements new procedures and methods to improve welding operations and efficiencies.
- Supervises and manages employees as it relates to all projects or related work, establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervised, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee development.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience in related position or field.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
- Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
- Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
- Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to rarely lift up to 10 pounds, 50 pounds.
- Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
- Ability to operate forklift, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
- Protective footwear required (steel-toe boots/shoes)
- Protective eyewear in designated areas
- Protective hearing in designated areas
Direct supervision of:
20-30 non exempt employees