Parts & Service Representative / Mechanic's Apprentice (Full Time)
To learn more about the job and see one of our mechanics in action, click here to watch a short video.
1. Assists all customers and potential customers in a professional, courteous, reliable, attentive, honest and responsive manner by identifying customer needs and providing knowledgeable assistance to help them select the correct product(s) to serve their needs.
2. Remains informed on all products and demonstrates and explains products to promote proper and safe operation.
3. Helps customers with loading equipment and makes deliveries as needed.
4. Processes parts, performs assembly and light repairs and processes service repair orders through servicing customers, processing paperwork, ordering parts and informing customers when their merchandise is in.
5. Helps to maintain a neat and orderly environment, including all product displays and work areas.
7. Responds to phone calls from customers or potential customers.
8. Protects the store against theft by reporting suspicious activity to the manager on duty.
9. Participates in all non-commission events deemed necessary by the Company such as physical inventories, sales meetings, trade shows and special sales.
10. Sources all parts for stock and repairs, orders parts, follows up on back orders and recommends stocking of new product or number on hand to better serve the customers.
11. Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
• High school education or equivalent, plus at least one year of college or technical training.
• At least six months of related retail sales experience or technical experience
• Knowledge of light industrial products, hydraulics, etc.
• High mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers.