Strategic Sourcing Lead
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To own the sourcing of raw material and/or component availability to meet production schedules, meet cost/value expectations, and secure favorable terms and conditions within the framework of the company’s sourcing integrity program.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Negotiates favorable terms and conditions for master service agreements, vendor managed inventory, and consignment inventory programs.
- Owns make versus buy decisions for components based on factory conversion capacity, delivery, cost, and quality.
- Selects vendors in an ethical manner, owns vendor relations and ensures vendor compliance.
- Owns single versus multi-source vendors for critical materials and components.
- Leads sourcing component of current and new product development processes.
- Prepares and submits purchase requisitions establishing new stock items and recording reorder point information and lead times.
- Ensures engineering change notices and bills of material are accounted for. Provides listing of obsolete items and coordinates with appropriate departments to evaluate and resolve.
- Establishes purchasing and inventory strategic goals, including but not limited to,, cost control and turns, by gathering pertinent business, financial, service and operations information.
- Stays informed of fluctuations and trends in commodity markets and global supply chain/transportation capacity
- Processes engineering change notices and bills of material. Provides listing of obsolete items and coordinates with appropriate departments to evaluate and resolve.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements to vendors, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions with quality control. Investigates discrepancies between purchasing and accounting.
- Coordinates, schedules, and evaluates private label parts support for various brands and products. Creates items and kits sections, evaluates stocking requirements, and supplies available parts list, as necessary.
- Serves as a back up for parts department ordering, company non-inventory supplies, purchase-card reconciliation, defective warranty evaluations and claims, vendor line reject returns and corrective actions.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, Business, or another related field.
- At least 7 years of related purchasing/product development experience.
- At least 2 years of sourcing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Supply Chain Professional certification preferred.
- Skilled at establishing supplier quality and scorecard programs.
- Experience with global suppliers, selections, and balancing multiple suppliers for each part.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to keep multiple projects on schedule simultaneously.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers and details.
- Computer knowledge and skills required, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of Company and vendor personnel.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.