Customer Analytics Manager
Northern Tool + Equipment is family-owned retailer. We are currently seeking a talented Customer Analytics Manager who wishes to share their resourcefulness, ideas, and expertise to build lasting relationships by providing the right solution to our customers. We are a growing company with plans to expand into new markets and our looking to build our team with great leaders who are focused on developing and supporting their team to success.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Northern Tool is setting our sights on creating a world-class customer experience, entering new markets, escalating sales and market share growth, and enabling this all through customer analytics and insights. Our DIY and Pro customers are passionate about what NTE brings and NTE is passionate providing them with a relevant and personalized experience driven by data, analysis, and insights.
We are looking for a successful and passionate Customer Analytics Manager to join us and hit the ground running to lead our growing team. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for customer data and to discover the insights needed to drive personalization, loyalty, and sales impact.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Convert data and analysis into actionable insights and use to guide strategy and execution of marketing programs. This includes communication of insights, recommendations, best practices, and concepts based on data and analytics to stakeholders and external partners.
2. Establish operating model for the Microsoft Customer Insights customer data platform including; architect, maintain, and enhance the data. Advocate, share, and teach the CDP capabilities throughout the organization to support adoption and utilization.
3. Develop measurement strategies for marketing programs and campaigns which include direct mail, email, paid search, ecommerce initiatives, and mass media. Utilizing techniques including multi-touch attribution, media/marketing mix modeling, and incrementality testing. This includes details into the profitability and effectiveness of overall campaigns as well as individual customer segments, products, and promotions.
4. Responsible for utilizing predictive modeling applications and techniques for personalization, segmentation, and audience selection.
5. Assist in providing insight and expertise in A/B testing, statistical significance, customer segmentation, customer lifetime value, and other analysis for marketing and other departments throughout the company.
6. Supports ecommerce team needs utilizing Adobe Analytics to analyze website performance and digital marketing programs.
7. Coach and mentor team of analysts to further develop competencies of individuals and team.
8. Utilize intermediate to complex SAS and SQL programming and coding to create and maintain effective and efficient processes for data preparation, reporting, analytics, and modeling.
9. Develop solutions to the analytical, reporting, and data needs of our clients within Microsoft Dynamics products including D365, Customer Insights, Dynamics Marketing, Power BI, and Azure.
10. Partner with various Marketing and IT departments effectively to ensure a robust, detailed, and accurate customer database providing the company with our most complete view of our customers.
11. Establish and sustain interactive relationships with external vendors and contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization, benchmark practices/results against competition and maximize organizational effectiveness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5-8 years of experience in customer or marketing analytics preferably at a mass market retail company.
- 2 years’ experience with customer data platforms and capabilities strongly preferred.
- Expertise in SQL, SAS, Power BI, and Excel or equivalent software and tools for data analysis and visualization.
- Expertise with data science and predictive modeling concepts, software, and applications preferred.
- Ability to present data and analysis and being able to craft a story highlighting key insights. Ability to communicate with a wide variety of customers, employees and others.
- Experience leading a team of analysts and being responsible for managing, mentoring, and growing their careers.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, analytics, statistics or a related field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to handle objects and talk or hear.
- Frequent wrist and/or hand movement is required.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distant vision and the ability to adjust focus.
At Northern Tool & Equipment We Offer:
- A fast-growing nationwide brand – over 121 locations in 22 states.
- Competitive wages plus commission.
- Clean and organized work environment.
- Supplied tools and uniforms.
- A defined training program to support your success.
- Competitive benefits package: health, retirement, employee assistance and more!
- Generous employee discount at all of the Kotula family of companies – Northern Tool & Equipment, Tractorseats.com, Great Northern Equipment.