Manufacturing Training Specialist
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To work with department trainers, area managers and shift supervisors to deliver, coordinate, certify, and document training for employees. To develop and administer training materials and instruction materials for department trainers and employees.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Conducts classroom style training session for all operations personnel, in various production functions.
2. Works with technical leads and managers to create effective user-focused work instructions, and other training materials as needed to support manufacturing training efforts.
3. Produces training materials for in-house courses as appropriate. Amends and revises materials as necessary, in order to adapt to changes that occur in the functional areas.
4. Coordinates and maintains training materials as a result of process or work instruction updates.
5. Establishes consistent documentation practices across operations.
6. Ensures that each area has work instructions and training materials completed, and they are reviewed and updated periodically, as needed.
7. Identifies and assesses training needs of operations staff by conferring with managers and supervisors.
8. Coordinates, schedules and conducts technical training for new hires and current employees in the operations areas.
9. Organizes the training function including, but not limited to reviewing the list of participants, distributing materials and conducting training, monitoring trainee in training, supporting other trainers in training.
10. Stays in contact with line managers/supervisors to build up schedule for training materials.
11. Helps Team Leads and Trainers to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
12. Coordinates with department trainers to ensure that proper training is occurring and is being recorded appropriately.
13. Continuously seeks to improve work processes and individual performance.
14. Complies with company and department safety rules, work practices, policies and procedures as applicable.
15. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
16. Performs all other duties as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
⦁ High School education or equivalent.
⦁ At least 3 years of experience working in a Fabrication and Assembly facility operating various machines or the equivalent demonstrated experience.
⦁ At least 2 years of experience creating and presenting training programs.
⦁ Demonstrated ability to engage and coach new and existing employees.
⦁ A deep and thorough understanding of the business or organization, as this position aims to maximize the organization’s resources and build an efficient and productive workforce
⦁ Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to understand problems, convey ideas, and conduct training, and all of these are carried out through words.
⦁ Creative and innovative thinking, which enables the employee trainer engage audience.
⦁ Ability improvise on their teaching style as needed.
⦁ Excellent presentation skills and the ability handle training programs effectively
⦁ Well-developed administrative skills, is required to manage training programs efficiently, including sessions and budgets.
⦁ Basic understanding of LEAN principles of manufacturing.
⦁ Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
⦁ Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
⦁ Frequently required to bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
⦁ Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
⦁ Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
⦁ Ability to talk and hear sometimes in noisy surroundings
⦁ Ability to lift to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
⦁ Ability to lift to 30 pounds on a regular basis.
⦁ Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
⦁ Protective footwear (steel-toe boots/shoes)
⦁ Protective eyewear (safety glasses)
⦁ Protective hearing devices in designated areas
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks and skills required of people in the position.