Sr. Manager, Store Environment
Northern Tool + Equipment is family-owned retailer. We are currently seeking a talented Sr. Manager, Store Environment who wishes to share their resourcefulness, ideas, and expertise to build lasting relationships by providing the right solution to our customers. We are a growing company with plans to expand into new markets and our looking to build our team with great leaders who are focused on developing and supporting their team to success.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To own the strategic direction and oversee the tactical execution of category floor planning strategies that drive sales, margin, and turn for Northern Tool + Equipment. Responsibilities include the development of floor plan strategies, guidance for space optimization based on category and space performance, driving execution of strategies through the management of floor plans, developing cross-team processes and integration, and providing thought leadership for optimizing the customer experience.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Leads a team of space planners and oversees the planogram production for all stores, including the execution of retail product placement and visual merchandising direction utilizing the space planning system.
- Develops and maintains overarching floor planning strategies to achieve merchant goals for sales, margin and turn of assigned categories.
- Works within team and with stakeholders to develop/refine strategies by season to maximize results while driving testing of new strategies to continuously evolve the in-store customer experience.
- Understand the impact of space moves on fixturing and graphics through partnership with Retail Operations and Marketing teams.
- Develops talent and team engagement through building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals while managing execution responsibilities and workload of direct reports to achieve department deliverables on time and with quality.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams to gain alignment with that contribute to the strategic development of store specific and prototypical floorplans with consideration for brand image, optimized space, merchandise placement and the customer experience.
- Ensures best practices are uniformly applied to to all space planning tactics to develop and increase consistent chainwide merchandising strategies.
- Builds and leverages data platforms and analytics to drive space optimization efforts that coincide with enhancing the in-store customer experience.
- Leads the team in partnering during the line review process to develop recommendations for key merchandising factors (e.g. space productivity, inventory turns, operational efficiency and in-store promotional activity.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least 7-10 years total experience with 3-5 years of related experience
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Category Space Management software experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to analyze, synthesize data and present recommendations.
- Ability to develop strategic vision, gain buy-in from stakeholders and execute
- Strong interpersonal and consultation skills
- Excellent supervisor and leadership capabilities
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Experience with JDA Space and/or Floor Planning software is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
At Northern Tool & Equipment We Offer:
- A fast-growing nationwide brand – over 130 locations in 22 states.
- Competitive wages.
- Clean and organized work environment.
- A defined training program to support your success.
- Competitive benefits package: health, retirement, employee assistance and more!
- Generous employee discount at all of the Kotula family of companies – Northern Tool & Equipment, Tractorseats.com, Great Northern Equipment.