Obsessed with driving growth? Customer growth and activation are firmly at the top of our product agenda. You’ll be highly knowledgeable of the emerging trends in retail and ready to translate those insights into differentiation and action.
Love product and owning a P & L? You bring data and creativity to every interaction, every decision to drive product selection, and greater customer insight, in pursuit of driving superior results and shaping our company’s future through product assortment. You can think strategically yet have a high attention to detail with a success orientation.
The Merchant is responsible for all aspects of daily business within their assigned category(s). This role will have financial accountability, including P&L and buying responsibilities for assigned categories. Merchants will execute strategy while growing market share, drive new business and product opportunities and improve merchandising productivity.
Merchandising Strategy & Execution: Develops merchandising strategy based on key business drivers (e.g. historical performance, industry/competitive landscape, consumer segmentation), executes and evaluates decisions. May serve as a key contributor on various key projects within a business function.
Assortment Selection: Executes the business review of categories; determines product mix and recommends enhancements to optimize assortment and drive innovation.
Supplier Relationship Management: Influences the supplier management strategy to support overall department strategy and works to improve all aspects of supplier relationship.
Financial Planning & Management: Analyzes business opportunities and implements the financial strategy/cost structure for a category; analyzes and implements pricing and promotional opportunities.
Criteria for Success
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or related field of study
- 3+ years proven experience in product assortment, strategic planning, visual presentation, inventory management, channel management, and supplier management.
- Proven results managing a P & L for categories across multiple platforms (retail, online)
- Strong negotiator with experience managing national suppliers
- Experience in hard line tools and equipment a plus
At Northern Tool & Equipment We Offer:
- A fast-growing nationwide brand – over 130 locations in 22 states.
- Competitive wages.
- Clean and organized work environment.
- A defined training program to support your success.
- Competitive benefits package: health, retirement, employee assistance and more!
- Generous employee discount at all of the Kotula family of companies – Northern Tool & Equipment, Tractorseats.com, Great Northern Equipment.