Manufacturing Engineer Level III
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To provides high level professional expertise to the Manufacturing engineering department by coordinating with leadership to implement and lead initiatives which will ensure efficiency in the production of Northern Tool Manufactured products. To provides informal leadership to level I and level II engineers.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Oversees the processes implemented for manufactured products by interacting daily with level I and level II engineers, the assembly and fabrication departments, and management to ensure that projects are implemented and tasks completed in a timely manner.
- Facilitates new initiatives or modifications to existing initiatives coordinating with management and other departments to ensure efficient continuous improvement of processes.
- Relies on professional expertise to improve work processes using data gathered by manufacturing engineering team. Identifying problems, root causes and evaluates options toward resolution. Makes recommendations to Manufacturing Engineering Manager and implements identified solutions.
- Oversees new process innovation by designing, developing, recommending and implementing new procedures and methods to improve manufacturing operations and reduce costs. Provides guidance to level I and level II engineers.
- Takes responsibility for the preparation, development, monitoring and maintenance of project schedules. Researches and makes recommendations for capital and renovation projects.
- Facilitates work by outside contractors as assigned, overseeing work, making recommendations for modification and approving completion.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineering Manager in developing strategy for department that supports the Northern Tool + Equipment manufacturing goals and initiatives.
- Supports the promotion of a culture that encourages everyone to get involved in identifying and working on Kaizen projects. Identifies waste and successfully implements more efficient assembly procedures.
- Maintains and promotes a safe, healthy and ergonomic work environment. Follows organization standards and all Industry governing regulations.
- Ensures that the design and maintenance of automated test equipment is being conducted effectively and in a timely manner.
- Facilitates communication with other departments in the design and manufacturing of welding and assembly test fixtures and tools.
- Facilitates the implementation and promotion of LEAN principles: 5S, Eliminating Muda (waste), Visual Factory etcetera.
- Maintains current professional and technical knowledge of industrial engineering standards to ensure that Northern Tool + Equipment Manufacturing remains competitive in the market.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or related field.
- At least 5 years of related job experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing principles required.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership/mentorship to other employees.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced manufacturing engineering concepts to daily work.
- Demonstrated reputation as an informal leader and mentor in the field.
- Must possess strong decision-making skills and the ability to lead a project with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of company personnel and others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Significant Knowledge of Computer Aided Drafting software used in the industry.
- Demonstrates Northern Tool + Equipment’s 12 Core Competencies.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
- Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to talk and hear.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work at heights of up to 35 feet.